The Student Room Group

Should I go the 2nd year degree after first year of my HND?

I have been studying computer science at my local college which offer the HND there. I have planned to do the HND for two years and then on the 3rd year go to the university and top to a degree. However recently I have been considering if I have made a huge mistake and wonder if I should of gone straight to uni for the degree.

I have already tried to contact the university to see if I could move up to the second year and to see what options I have. The reason I wanted to move up to the second year and not stay on the HND was because I was fed up of living at home with my parents and wanted to have the"uni" experience, i get the feeling I might be missing out as the people on my HND are not very inspiring and the HND group is very small so it is hard to meet new people and make friends as I already know most of them from my level 3 course i did at the same college that does the HND I am on currently.

Any advice about this, should I try and move to uni for the 2nd year or stay on the HND for 2 years and then go to uni on the 3rd year?

It is really started to worry me as I need to make a decision fast as I have student finance to apply for again soon.
Reply 1
Original post by Embluk
I have been studying computer science at my local college which offer the HND there. I have planned to do the HND for two years and then on the 3rd year go to the university and top to a degree. However recently I have been considering if I have made a huge mistake and wonder if I should of gone straight to uni for the degree.

I have already tried to contact the university to see if I could move up to the second year and to see what options I have. The reason I wanted to move up to the second year and not stay on the HND was because I was fed up of living at home with my parents and wanted to have the"uni" experience, i get the feeling I might be missing out as the people on my HND are not very inspiring and the HND group is very small so it is hard to meet new people and make friends as I already know most of them from my level 3 course i did at the same college that does the HND I am on currently.

Any advice about this, should I try and move to uni for the 2nd year or stay on the HND for 2 years and then go to uni on the 3rd year?

It is really started to worry me as I need to make a decision fast as I have student finance to apply for again soon.

I'm currently doing my top-up but when I did my HND for 2 years I missed out on uni experience, partying, social clubs and many more. There was only few students that were my age and that resulted in not having that many friends which sucked. On the positive side, my HND course got the best out of me due to no distractions and the small class sizes allowing lecturers to provide individual support etc. The reason why I had to do my HND was due to my UCAS points, I didn't meet the requirements needed. But yeah if you want to leave your parents & full uni experience then go uni
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending