The Student Room Group

I have no confidence... I have a solo presentation to do Monday

I have to do a presentation to my class on Monday in A-Level Graphics. But my confidence is extremely low. I get sweaty cause I'm nervous, my face turns bright red and just hate doing things like this. As a young kid I use to have lots of confidence, I was probably the most confident in my year group but now I'm just a walking ball of nerves.

How can I get better at presenting myself and my work to the class without looking like a tomatoe (I blush when I'm nervous)
You need to take risks, take this as an opportunity to improve your confidence.

Trust me, the more you present in front of people, the more its gets better:smile:
prepare,prepare, prepare. Practice in fron of the mirror and time it. the more you do it the easier it gets. Do a powerpoint or have a hand out to keep you on track.
Think about it, when you watch other people present, you feel nothing - you're just casually watching them talk about their topic which you don't care much about.

Other people won't care about what you talk about so there's no reason for you to be scared or anything.

When you're practicing, you've got to realise that speaking in your mind or whispering is totally different from speaking out loud as you can make all sorts of tones confidently when you're whispering or thinking but in reality, you won't be able to do the same when speaking aloud.

Quick Reply

Latest