The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Insensitive and inconsiderate staff at Swansea University

Swansea university have been the most inconsiderate university in the recent loss of a loved companion. By not even registering this as a circumstance on my course, I have lost valuable learning time due to the lack of emotion the department has shown me. Do not consider coming here if you have any loved ones, because they will not show you any emotion if you ever have to mourn them.

ps. I hope this actually makes them (Swansea University Medical School) listen to their students
Reply 1
I am sorry to hear of your loss and I am very sorry to read that you have been upset by the way that the medical school has dealt with your request in relation to it.
The medical school takes the support of its students very seriously and is keen to learn from experience and improve its support processes where possible.
Please make contact either with me, your personal tutor, your cohort support tutor or your year director so that we can determine how we can support you now and what can be learned from this event.
Andrew Grant
Dean of medical education
[email protected]
01792 513498
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by OllieJ13
Swansea university have been the most inconsiderate university in the recent loss of a loved companion. By not even registering this as a circumstance on my course, I have lost valuable learning time due to the lack of emotion the department has shown me. Do not consider coming here if you have any loved ones, because they will not show you any emotion if you ever have to mourn them.

ps. I hope this actually makes them (Swansea University Medical School) listen to their students

I am sorry to hear of your loss and I am very sorry to read that you have been upset by the way that the medical school has dealt with your request in relation to it. The medical school takes the support of its students very seriously and is keen to learn from experience and improve its support processes where possible. Please make contact either with me, your personal tutor, your cohort support tutor or your year director so that we can determine how we can support you now and what can be learned from this event. Andrew GrantDean of medical education [email protected]01792 513498

Quick Reply

Latest