The Student Room Group

Is a very low Amended conditional offer realistic?

Hello guys, I just got an offer from uni of Nottingham a week ago. They firstly gave me an offer with requirement of AAB (which was what they said on the interview as well), however, they sent me another letter on UCAS which the exact content but a requirement of only B in math.

It is a lot of difference between these two standards, and I just want to know does this kind of thing really happen?

I did had a relatively good interview though, and I did mention that I am going to start my own business very soon. Perhaps that's the reason?
Hello guys, I just got an offer from uni of Nottingham a week ago. They firstly gave me an offer with requirement of AAB (which was what they said on the interview as well), however, they sent me another letter on UCAS which the exact content but a requirement of only B in math.
offer2.PNG
It is a lot of difference between these two standards, and I just want to know does this kind of thing really happen?

I did had a relatively good interview though, and I did mention that I am going to start my own business very soon. Perhaps that's the reason?
Original post by Richard Vanir
offer2.PNG

Do you have any other qualifications? Otherwise contact them to check as just one a level seems strange
Original post by claireestelle
Do you have any other qualifications? Otherwise contact them to check as just one a level seems strange

I did one year of IB in Hong Kong as well. But I don't think it does count that much. Or shall I wait till the 14th which is two weeks already so they can't change anymore? XD

A lower requirement is always better LOL
I did one year of IB in Hong Kong as well. But I don't think it does count that much. Or shall I wait till the 14th which is two weeks already so they can't change anymore? XD

A lower requirement is always better LOL

They could change it if they made a mistake.

Al right. Thanks
I will check on Monday
Maybe you had a very good application or maybe they're worried they won't fill all their places so are dropping their requirements. :dontknow: It doesn't really matter why, does it?

Also on the My Nottingham site (the online system for UON), the status of my application is an Amended conditional offer. Does that explain it?
Also on the My Nottingham site (the online system for UON), the status of my application is an Amended conditional offer. Does that explain it?

It could be that they ve accepted the ib you did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending