The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Sell me on Stoke's city life (And also Staffs Uni life)!

I'm currently torn between 2 uni's at the moment (Staffs obviously being one of them :biggrin: ) and I'm trying to get a better picture of what the city and uni life in Stoke is like!

I'm looking to do the Music Tech course starting this September, which I hear will have been moved to the fabulous looking Stoke campus.

So, to anybody who goes here/lives here, fire away and try and sell the city/uni life to me as much as you can!

side note: whilst I don't mind nights out and have enjoyed myself quite a lot on various nights out, I wouldn't necessarily consider it as a major selling point. I usually consider myself more of a tamer social drinker than a major party animal :laugh:.
However despite that, I'd still love to know what kind of night life the city offers too, I can't be spending every night indoors!
Reply 1
good football team ... takes points away from Arsenal every season!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by TeeEm
good football team ... takes points away from Arsenal every season!

Haha! Fortunately I'm a football fan myself so being able to see Stoke do that would certainly a bonus! But only if it's in aid of Liverpool's campaign for the title :biggrin: :lfc:
Reply 3
Original post by Leonardo.L
Haha! Fortunately I'm a football fan myself so being able to see Stoke do that would certainly a bonus! But only if it's in aid of Liverpool's campaign for the title :biggrin: :lfc:

good luck next season!
Reply 4
Original post by TeeEm
good luck next season!

Cheers! It'll be tough I reckon so we'll definitely need it :laugh:
Reply 5
Its horrible, loads of depressed people due to high unemployment. Its a dump.
I have been at Staffs uni for a year now and I enjoy the life there. There is lots of night life there but I am more about the day life. Lots of shopping if that's your thing but also places like cinema, bowling, restaurants, and pubs. Pretty much anything you fancy is not that far from the uni itself. There is ember lounge and verve on campus which are a pub style and american diner style. Ember always puts big sporting matches on their big screens as well. On campus there is a really good atmosphere because everyone there wants to work hard and the lecturers all want to help you get the best marks that you can. Hope this helps a little.
Reply 7
Original post by Alex95card
I have been at Staffs uni for a year now and I enjoy the life there. There is lots of night life there but I am more about the day life. Lots of shopping if that's your thing but also places like cinema, bowling, restaurants, and pubs. Pretty much anything you fancy is not that far from the uni itself. There is ember lounge and verve on campus which are a pub style and american diner style. Ember always puts big sporting matches on their big screens as well. On campus there is a really good atmosphere because everyone there wants to work hard and the lecturers all want to help you get the best marks that you can. Hope this helps a little.

That has reassured me a lot actually! Certainly sounds good to me, and definitely seems more interesting than living in Chester at the mo :biggrin:

I must admit however that I've chosen Derby as my first choice now, but I'm happy knowing that Staffs sounds like a good back-up for me. Thanks for the detailed response! :smile:

Quick Reply