The Student Room Group

A few questions regarding law

Hi,

I am interested in studying modern languages at university, and then hopefully will go into corporate law. I understand that you must do the GDL and the LPC after graduating from university, but can anyone tell me how long it takes to start earning in the process? Also, seeing as I want to convert to law rather than taking a law degree, does this mean I cannot take the bar exam in the US?

Any responses would be gratefully received.
It depends. If you go to one of the top firms hey give you a grant whilst at the GDL and LPC, which is money neevertheless, although maybe not earning.
You will earna salary as soon as you start your tc. how much you earn depends on location and firm.

the most widely available bar exam is NY, but I couldnt readily see the answer for those with a non law degree. Obviously they accept a law degree, but in your case you wont have one. Barbri will be able to give you a quick answer or you cna contact the NY bar. It may be you have to wait till yo qualify or satisfy them you have sufficient legal credits. You should ask yourself why you feel the need to take the NY bar.

Sorry for not ibing a direct answer, but if you contact them they will know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending