The Student Room Group

GCSE Exam Revision Tips for Tripple Science AQA?

I have my actual GCSE Exams in a couple of weeks and i wanted Revision Tips, and main Topics to revise for all, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. I'm doing Tripple Science, therefore 9 Exams all units (I know, its piss take) and want to do very good because I've chosen to carry on into 6th Form. I'm aiming for all A's in most subjects, mainly Science, Maths, English.. but I've got Maths mostly covered, and need to finish science thoroughly. HELP :frown:(
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I.Want.To.Pass
I have my actual GCSE Exams in a couple of weeks and i wanted Revision Tips, and main Topics to revise for all, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. I'm doing tripple Science, therefore 9 Exams all units (I know, its piss take) and want to do very good because I've chosen to carry on into 6th Form. I'm aiming for all A's in most subjects, mainly Science, Maths, English.. but I've got Maths mostly covered, and need to finish science thoroughly. HELP :frown:(

Oh lord thank you finally i found someone who does the same board as me :smile: Eeek Why dont you do the topics that you find hard :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Oh lord thank you finally i found someone who does the same board as me :smile: Eeek Why dont you do the topics that you find hard :smile:

I've searched everywhere for someone with the same exam board as me, but couldn't find none, so decide to post my own. And I found unit 3 hardest, but when i did my Mocks few weeks ago, i got all B's for all Science's. But anyways, I'm Starting to revise now, lol, a bit late, but i hope i get through sucessfully. :smile:, hope u get what you wanted too :smile:
I've searched everywhere for someone with the same exam board as me, but couldn't find none, so decide to post my own. And I found unit 3 hardest, but when i did my Mocks few weeks ago, i got all B's for all Science's. But anyways, I'm Starting to revise now, lol, a bit late, but i hope i get through sucessfully. :smile:, hope u get what you wanted too :smile:

Yep i want an A so i've gotta do some work :smile: have you looked through the specfication yet?
Learn the general idea now and then learn the little details closer towards the exam as it will lower the chance of you forgetting them. Finally nice to see someome doing triple science as well. Also do as many pastpaers as pissible you'll find for unit 3 of chemistry biology and physics there are set answers for different topics and you just have top learn these.
Yep i want an A so i've gotta do some work :smile: have you looked through the specfication yet?

Nope :smile: but i'll have a go at reading them too... thanks :smile: :biggrin:
Original post by Ume Hussain
Learn the general idea now and then learn the little details closer towards the exam as it will lower the chance of you forgetting them. Finally nice to see someome doing triple science as well. Also do as many pastpaers as pissible you'll find for unit 3 of chemistry biology and physics there are set answers for different topics and you just have top learn these.

The unit 3 papers are confusing just graphs and tables everywhere Gosh !!

How do you revise for science
for unit 1 , i look through specification , highlight some stuff and then memorise then past papers ( same for unit 2 and 3 ) :smile:
I have my actual GCSE Exams in a couple of weeks and i wanted Revision Tips, and main Topics to revise for all, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. I'm doing tripple Science, therefore 9 Exams all units (I know, its piss take) and want to do very good because I've chosen to carry on into 6th Form. I'm aiming for all A's in most subjects, mainly Science, Maths, English.. but I've got Maths mostly covered, and need to finish science thoroughly. HELP :frown:(

I think you guys are doing the same as me... Is your AQA course code 4401 for Biology? I also have nine exams for the Sciences :frown:
Original post by Ume Hussain

I've done a few past papers, but gona do all of them for all units, and yea, i realised that the small details which i didn't learn, showed up in my last mocks and i was sitting there dreaming why i didn't know the answer, but i know for sure the small details are going to come up in the real EXAMS, and i'll be ready for them. Thanks :biggrin: and hope u get what you wanted :smile:
Original post by romansholiday
I think you guys are doing the same as me... Is your AQA course code 4401 for Biology? I also have nine exams for the Sciences :frown:

Yup :smile: Same

Yep, im doing 4401 AQA Tripple Science, 9 exams.. :angry: but will all help us in the future. :smile:
I'm also doing Triple Science and carrying on with Biology and Chemistry at A Level.
What I do to revise is I use the CGP books as well as watch this guy called MyGCSEScience. Honestly, his videos are probably the only reason i'll do well in science to be honest. The core videos are on YouTube and you'll have to pay for additional and extension, but they're also uploaded on YouTube by other people. Also, refer to the specification as that basically tells you what you need to do and do past papers. Hope that helps :wink:
Aiming for A's in everything yet can't spell TRIPLE
Original post by fauziaa
I'm also doing Triple Science and carrying on with Biology and Chemistry at A Level.
What I do to revise is I use the CGP books as well as watch this guy called MyGCSEScience. Honestly, his videos are probably the only reason i'll do well in science to be honest. The core videos are on YouTube and you'll have to pay for additional and extension, but they're also uploaded on YouTube by other people. Also, refer to the specification as that basically tells you what you need to do and do past papers. Hope that helps :wink:

The unit 3 papers are confusing just graphs and tables everywhere Gosh !!

How do you revise for science

Well there are several ways i would definitely invest in revision guides as these can be a real help and create a revision timetable for science so you know how many hours of science your doing a week. Finally past papers i know it can be a pain finding them andthen marking them (trust me i hate doing them) but ive definitelky found them to help and they work for every other subject and you could always be a bit ckeeky and ask your teachers to mark them! hope ive been able to help.
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Aiming for A's in everything yet can't spell TRIPLE

Guess i'm failing English, lol.
Yup :smile: Same

Yep, im doing 4401 AQA Tripple Science, 9 exams.. :angry: but will all help us in the future. :smile:

What'd you guys get in the mocks? I got A* A A and I'm going to continue Chemistry and Biology next year in case I want to go into medicine or dentistry.
I have my actual GCSE Exams in a couple of weeks and i wanted Revision Tips, and main Topics to revise for all, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. I'm doing Tripple Science, therefore 9 Exams all units (I know, its piss take) and want to do very good because I've chosen to carry on into 6th Form. I'm aiming for all A's in most subjects, mainly Science, Maths, English.. but I've got Maths mostly covered, and need to finish science thoroughly. HELP :frown:(

Just go to as many after school revision sessions as you can and read through the revision guides. A good thing to do would be try to sum up each page in a poster or a summary of notes. Also something that worked for me was to write things that I struggled to remember on sticky notes and place them around the areas I look at most in my room (e.g tv, computer screen, mirror, door etc.)

Maybe try to set yourself a reasonable timetable for revision and also do at least 1 practice paper a week. Your teachers can help you out if you don't know where to look for them.

Most importantly don't stress. You'll find it hard to remember things if you do. Trust me. I got all A's in triple science.
What'd you guys get in the mocks? I got A* A A and I'm going to continue Chemistry and Biology next year in case I want to go into medicine or dentistry.

A B B :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest