The Student Room Group

does everyone make a big deal for their 16 bday???

I was just wondering if everyone makes a big deal out of their 16th birthday ???
Does everyone have a party ???
cause I don't really like being in the spotlight that much.
also I don't think id really like to host a party but I feel like id be letting my parents/family down or they might think that I don't have any friends or something. ( im not one of the popular girls but I have my own group of close friends of about 7/8 boys and girls and I am still quite good friends with about another 5/6 people)
Not for my 16th no, for my 18th I went to pub and that was it. Most people in my year had a dinner out in the evening for their 16ths, you could just take a few of your closest friends out for tea and cake whilst shopping? :smile:
Don't feel pressured to do something big for your 16th, besides, there's not really much you can do. Personally I did literally nothing for my 16th apart from have dominos pizza. It's also likely that if you do something big for your 16th your parents wont let you have a big 18th (or wont give you much money for it anyway) so it's best to wait until then. Plus you'll actually be able to go out drinking if that's what you're into.
Reply 3
thank you, yeah id rather not do much, maybe just go shopping and out for a meal or something.
my 16th i just went to a nice italian restaurant and other then my 18th have done the same
17-harvester
18-hired a hall and played video games and had junk food with some friends
19-carluccio's
20-nando's(there were 20 of us)
next month...21-byron
Reply 5
I didn't do anything big for my 16th or 18th, I just went to Glasgow on a shopping trip with a friend. It felt more like a normal weekend than a bday but I prefer it that way. A simple day out or a meal and some drinks is enough for me on a bday rather than a party - at any age nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My 16th involved eating pizza and watching F1

My 18th will hopefully involve watching Finding Dory and eating more pizza :u:
Reply 7
:laugh: I haven't done anything for my birthday since I was 10.

Quick Reply