The Student Room Group

NCS

Is NCS really going to help my uni applications? I already did dofe but NCS is 5 weeks and seems like a waste of a summer where I can focus more on work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vinurikasturi
Is NCS really going to help my uni applications? I already did dofe but NCS is 5 weeks and seems like a waste of a summer where I can focus more on work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, it's become a basic thing that almost every student does. Though it's a great experience, I wouldn't recommend it.

Maybe look to go to a Summer School which makes you stand out much more. :h:
What other activities could i do to make me stand out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vinurikasturi
What other activities could i do to make me stand out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make sure you quote me next time so I get a notification that you've replied to me. :tongue:

Look to go to a Summer School as I stated before, if you get in definitely give it a go. Other than that you could find a new hobby, something that you would enjoy doing don't force yourself into something you don't like. :h:
Original post by undercxver
To be honest, it's become a basic thing that almost every student does. Though it's a great experience, I wouldn't recommend it.

Maybe look to go to a Summer School which makes you stand out much more. :h:

If it's your cup of tea, there's no reason to skip it, but I agree that it's certainly not some sort of requirement. You should definitely not feel pressured to join it.

You can do some volunteer work, set yourself up with a program to study abroad, if your aim is to have something that "pops out more". NCS is definitely too common.
I have been working at a hospice volunteering every week for over a year now. Is this good? ANF I'm thinking of starting to volunteer at a care home too maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending