The Student Room Group

IDF "bomb civilians for entertainment"

In an interview conducted on Tuesday with the Israeli soldier Arieh, 20, he said: “I was called to service early on July 2014 and was deployed to the Gaza Strip but until that time the operation [Operation Protective Edge] was not announced yet.

“Only some soldiers speculated that there will be war, but later our commander told us to imagine a 200 metre radius and to immediately shoot anything moving inside this circle.”

He stressed: “We bombed civilian targets for entertainment,” noting “one day at about 8am we went to the Al-Bureij; a densely populated refugee camp in central Gaza, and the commander told us to select a random target and shoot it.

“At the time we did not see any Hamas fighters, no one shot at us, but the commander told us jokingly: ‘We have to send Bureij a morning greeting from the Israeli army.’”

“I remember that one day, a soldier from our unit was killed and our commander asked us for revenge so I drew the tank randomly towards a huge white residential building, just four kilometres away from us and fired a shell at the 11th floor. I must have killed civilians who were absolutely innocent,” he continued.

- See more at: http://www.daysofpalestine.com/features/israeli-soldier-bombed-civilians-entertainment/#sthash.jycbMJcQ.dpuf

How likely is it that this account is true?? I'm so disgusted

Scroll to see replies

Could not care less about Palestine or Israel. Let them get on with it
Reply 2
Bkuhdvhmmdvhvhmxhvmewxkwrhvxewmhxwdhkvxewmvbdakhgeamhvx
Reply 3
Original post by teenhorrorstory
In an interview conducted on Tuesday with the Israeli soldier Arieh, 20, he said: “I was called to service early on July 2014 and was deployed to the Gaza Strip but until that time the operation [Operation Protective Edge] was not announced yet.

“Only some soldiers speculated that there will be war, but later our commander told us to imagine a 200 metre radius and to immediately shoot anything moving inside this circle.”

He stressed: “We bombed civilian targets for entertainment,” noting “one day at about 8am we went to the Al-Bureij; a densely populated refugee camp in central Gaza, and the commander told us to select a random target and shoot it.

“At the time we did not see any Hamas fighters, no one shot at us, but the commander told us jokingly: ‘We have to send Bureij a morning greeting from the Israeli army.’”

“I remember that one day, a soldier from our unit was killed and our commander asked us for revenge so I drew the tank randomly towards a huge white residential building, just four kilometres away from us and fired a shell at the 11th floor. I must have killed civilians who were absolutely innocent,” he continued.

- See more at: http://www.daysofpalestine.com/features/israeli-soldier-bombed-civilians-entertainment/#sthash.jycbMJcQ.dpuf

Probably true. Armies (not just Israeli but im sure almost every other nation in the world) do horrible things, the only thing that distinguishes them from terrorists is that they dont carry go pros and post everything they do on twitter.
Dayofpalestine.com.

Great source.... :rolleyes:
I call BS on this.

Find a good source or jog on.
Reply 6
Original post by KimKallstrom
Dayofpalestine.com.

Great source.... :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's completely unbiased
That source though :rofl:

Breaking News: Jewish Marxists promote White Genocide

www.thedailystormtrooper.kkk.org

EDIT: Don't actually click the link, it was something I made up and don't know where it leads
(edited 8 years ago)
What else is new?
The source is from an Israeli human rights organisation http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/ that supposedly did like 60 interviews or something.

I don't know how "official" the organisation is but I found this independent article on them. Make of that what you will.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/breaking-the-silence-former-israeli-soldier-branded-a-traitor-for-asking-troops-to-tell-their-west-a6794256.html

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The source is from an Israeli human rights organisation http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il/ that supposedly did like 60 interviews or something.

I don't know how "official" the organisation is but I found this independent article on them. Make of that what you will.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/breaking-the-silence-former-israeli-soldier-branded-a-traitor-for-asking-troops-to-tell-their-west-a6794256.html

Spoiler

Saying some Israeli soldiers regret the things they have done, is nothing at all like OP's claim that the evil fascist armies of Zion decided to wastes millions of dollars with of equipment for the lulz

I mean grow the **** up kid.

It isn't that far fectched to be honest. Considering the racist genocidal views that get expressed by Isrealie leaders. That must seeped down into the officers in the army who give orders to the grunts.
Original post by Lacesso
I'm sure it's completely unbiased

I went on the website. It reads like a Hamas propaganda site. Even the about section is dropping J bombs lmao. You know how most of these people and sites give that transparent BS "we're anti-zionist, not anti Jew!" These guys don't even bother
I know Palestinians that have recently moved here. Given the stories of what they and their family experienced, it's not that surprising.
Original post by Mahmoud X
Saying some Israeli soldiers regret the things they have done, is nothing at all like OP's claim that the evil fascist armies of Zion decided to wastes millions of dollars with of equipment for the lulz

where did I claim such? Are you unable to read?
Reply 15

It's highly likely to be true. If you read some of Amnesty International or Human Rights Watch's reports, there are plenty of cases of individual groups and troops in the IDF deliberately killing civilians, and if you read Breaking the Silence's literature, in which IDF soldiers provide testimonies about IDF conduct in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, you'll find that this is highly likely to be true.
(edited 8 years ago)
where did I claim such? Are you unable to read?

OP's claim is whether a Isrealie soldier said this and can we trust that Isrealie soldier if they did. If it is true then it is a glimpse into the human rights abuses carried out by the Irealie army and government. If the soldier regrets "wasting the equipment" as you put, which shows how you value their tech over actual people, then this is exactly like what OP is claiming.

Are you unable to read?

Or it could be fabricated Palestinian propaganda of course.

Original post by KimKallstrom
I went on the website. It reads like a Hamas propaganda site. Even the about section is dropping J bombs lmao. You know how most of these people and sites give that transparent BS "we're anti-zionist, not anti Jew!" These guys don't even bother
That doesn't mean it didn't happen. A Hamas propaganda site can still report on actual events that happen.
(edited 8 years ago)

I took the quote from the article, genius
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
OP's claim is whether a Isrealie soldier said this and can we trust that Isrealie soldier if they did. If it is true then it is a glimpse into the human rights abuses carried out by the Irealie army and government. If the soldier regrets "wasting the equipment" as you put, which shows how you value their tech over actual people, then this is exactly like what OP is claiming.

Or it could be fabricated Palestinian propaganda.

I mean that whilst I accept that soldiers in all armies generally have regrets for the human lives they ended, you have to be brain damaged, even a little to think that Israel a small cash-strapped nation surrounded by enemies would waste millions of dollars conducting bombing raids for entertainment.

Military operations are not like going to the supermarket for a grocery shop, it's not £10 on a tank of petrol and you're away.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest