The Student Room Group

KPMG Discovery Programme

Just received an email about their 2016 intake, is anyone considering applying?

Scroll to see replies

Hello,

I get so many emails from KPMG as I signed up as being interested at a careers fair in a programme where they sponsor you through uni and pay your fees and accomodation. Is this what you are talking about?

If so, I am considering it but not next year as I wont finish A-levels by then :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte.13
Hello,

I get so many emails from KPMG as I signed up as being interested at a careers fair in a programme where they sponsor you through uni and pay your fees and accomodation. Is this what you are talking about?

If so, I am considering it but not next year as I wont finish A-levels by then :smile:

No. I think OP was talking about their work experience programme for A levels. But I might be wrong.
Original post by Trapz99
No. I think OP was talking about their work experience programme for A levels. But I might be wrong.

Oh that sounds great! Is it alongside A-levels then? If so, I would consider applying as I am not sure if I would like this sort of job or not. I have no idea what I want to do as a job but people have suggested accounting/auditing to me as I love maths. I just don't really know if I would enjoy the job or not so work experience would be great!
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte.13
Oh that sounds great! Is it alongside A-levels then? If so, I would consider applying as I am not sure if I would like this sort of job or not. I have no idea what I want to do as a job but people have suggested accounting/auditing to me as I love maths. I just don't really know if I would enjoy the job or not so work experience would be great!

Yeah it's alongside a levels. More info at https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/school-leavers/kpmg-discovery

To be honest, accounting only involves quite simple maths- nothing advanced. Maybe consider actuarial stuff if you like maths a lot.
Just looked it up and it looks great but I am year 11 so in a couple of years maybe :smile:
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah it's alongside a levels. More info at https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/school-leavers/kpmg-discovery

To be honest, accounting only involves quite simple maths- nothing advanced. Maybe consider actuarial stuff if you like maths a lot.

I'm thinking of applying, but they ask for predicted grades and I'm not sure how we are supposed to put them down if we haven't been properly tested yet (I have end of year exams which they use to base our predictions on)? I've filled out everything but the predicted grades and I'll send it off ASAP
Also, when is the deadline for applications? And do we have to take an online test or be interviewed over the phone?
Reply 9
Original post by TheCynicalAdult
I'm thinking of applying, but they ask for predicted grades and I'm not sure how we are supposed to put them down if we haven't been properly tested yet (I have end of year exams which they use to base our predictions on)? I've filled out everything but the predicted grades and I'll send it off ASAP

Have you been predicted grades for your AS levels? I'm just going to put down that.
Reply 10
Original post by TheCynicalAdult
Also, when is the deadline for applications? And do we have to take an online test or be interviewed over the phone?

I'm not sure but I've also applied to the PwC insight week, in which I did online tests and am now waiting to see if Ill be interviewed:s-smilie: I'm assuming the processes are similar
Reply 11
Eeek I've got in has anyone else got acceptance emails!
Reply 12
Original post by Nc_x

I did too!!! Which office are you going to? I'm going to London
Reply 13
I'm going to London too!! How many people do you think will be there ?
Reply 14
Original post by Nc_x
I'm going to London too!! How many people do you think will be there ?

I have no idea! Probably around 50, as London is their biggest one. Are you going on the 4th-8th of July or is there another week?
Reply 15
Original post by Nc_x

I've been so busy that I've only just sent off my application! What did you have to do once you'd applied, and how long did it take to receive an acceptance email?
Reply 16
Original post by catwat99
I've been so busy that I've only just sent off my application! What did you have to do once you'd applied, and how long did it take to receive an acceptance email?

I applied around early March and got an acceptance at the beginning of this week. Good Luck!! Hope you get it
Reply 17
Yep! I think there's only one week?

Original post by SJoshi98
I have no idea! Probably around 50, as London is their biggest one. Are you going on the 4th-8th of July or is there another week?
Reply 18
Hey, i applied on the first day applications were out I think it was around 8-10 march and it took around 20 days for them to reply back to me
Original post by catwat99
Reply 19
Original post by Nc_x
Hey, i applied on the first day applications were out I think it was around 8-10 march and it took around 20 days for them to reply back to me

Original post by SJoshi98
I applied around early March and got an acceptance at the beginning of this week. Good Luck!! Hope you get it

Did you have to do online tests, interview, etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending