The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Halls or Studio Flat?! - Central Park Towers?

I'm starting uni in September and am unsure on whether to go into halls or a studio flat? Currently it's between choosing halls in Mary Newman, a studio flat in Central Park Towers, or looking at private halls as they are cheaper and would be less strict on having people round (my boyfriend & friends from outside plym!)

Central Park Towers was gorgeous although I'm just worried about the social side of things and if I'm going to miss out on an experience! I want to make tonnes of new friends yet not be going out every night and get sleep here and there!:wink:

Anyone got any advice or how halls were for them and boundaries on having people stay with you?!
Original post by St Augustines
We are also offering a free 3 month bus pass, so no walking to uni in the cold over winter :-)

That is an at most, 10 minute walk. The bus pass is pointless, as citybus would have you standing in the cold for 15-20 minutes. :colonhash:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Does anyone know why Central Park Towers is no longer on the plymouth accomodation page
Original post by DentistLad
Does anyone know why Central Park Towers is no longer on the plymouth accomodation page

Hi DentistLad,

The University regularly review the halls of residence on the accommodation portfolio and this year we have introduced Astor House. You can book directly with Central Park Towers but this is not in partnership with Plymouth University, meaning our Residence Life team won't be living in halls and all money/contracts will be dealt with them directly.

I hope this helps - don't hesitate to get back in contact if you have any further queries, we'll do our best to help.

Matt, Hannah & Dale

@PlymUniApply
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chloerebeccaax
I'm starting uni in September and am unsure on whether to go into halls or a studio flat? Currently it's between choosing halls in Mary Newman, a studio flat in Central Park Towers, or looking at private halls as they are cheaper and would be less strict on having people round (my boyfriend & friends from outside plym!)

Central Park Towers was gorgeous although I'm just worried about the social side of things and if I'm going to miss out on an experience! I want to make tonnes of new friends yet not be going out every night and get sleep here and there!:wink:

Anyone got any advice or how halls were for them and boundaries on having people stay with you?!

I'm considering Central Park Towers as well! :3 And I have the same worry as you, I'm a pretty anxious person when it comes to meeting new people but i definitely want to make a bunch of friends. Its a tricky decision c:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending