The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Catered or Self-Catered???

I'm attending St. Andrews in the fall and I don't know whether to choose catered or self catered.

Which option will help me make more friends? Is the food good?

I'm mainly interested in DRA and ABH so specific information to those two halls would be the most hopeful.

Thanks!
Hi

I've moved your thread to the St Andrews Sub-forum, as it's more likely to be seen by current students here :h:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I'm also hoping to start in September. I can't say much about the social aspect, but I can assure you the food is good (at St Salvators anyway) since I did a summer school programme there.

Best of luck!
I think the catered situation does have a good social side, because, at least in my experience and especially at the start of the year, people are happy to sit with anybody if their usual crowd aren't around, so you meet a lot of people that way! The food ranges from acceptable to really good even for the vegetarians like myself who don't get as much choice and even if the main isn't much good you can always stick to the sides & salads! Most of the self catered options are more of a separate flats setting too so it depends if you think a flat or halls setting is best for you - Blackadder is the exception but it does have a reputation for not being a very friendly hall.

Prince range/location matters too, because apart from Albany Park the self-catered options are more expensive and none of them are central locations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending