The Student Room Group

Today, I'm proud of myself because....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whorace
He's just showing off because he invented time travel.

I'm not so sure either :wink:
Original post by MissDobalina
@Mystery. A mountain?! 6AM?! That is absolutely incredible, you should be proud! I'm barely functional until 10, so I respect that a lot!

@Emily.97 Good on you, that's a lot for you to write up! I hope you've gotten it finished by now

@Roisinnm Ahh, that's amazing! I know how much better a nice neat folder makes me feel! Especially when it's not a subject you like, that so deserves a fist bump!

@Nav_Mallhi Nav, that's incredible, no need to be bashful at all! You should flaunt it, you worked so hard for those results And finding time to go to the gym as well?! I think you might be a superhero!

@Amellia123 A week early, that is dedication indeed! That must be such a weight off your shoulders, well done! And mountain biking, that's really cool! I've always wanted to give it a go, but I think I'm too much of a chicken :wink:

@13 1 20 8 42 For being a member of such a fantastic community, of course! Ahh, I'm sorry that you can't think of anything, I'm certain that there a lot! In my book, getting out of bed and eating breakfast is something to be proud of on some days. It doesn't have to be big, just something that you can say that you might not have done, but you did!

@shawtyb That's really exciting, I'm so glad it went okay! First shifts are always scary, figuring out the new rules, trying not to drop anything, trying to remember name... I'm sure that you were amazing!

Yes thanks, submitted it today :smile:
I'm proud of myself for not giving up even though I've had mental issues for the past 5 years.
It's worsening, but I'm still going.
Today I'm proud of finally going back to driving lessons after quitting them last year due to my panic attacks worsening. I have found a much better instructor this time around who I not only get on like a house of fire with but who also makes me feel 100% confident while driving and makes me feel fine about making muck ups

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today I helped co-facilitate a workshop on mindfulness and mental wellbeing at a local further education college... and I didn't cry, blush or break down :eek:

:king1:
Today I'm proud of myself because I got 100% on a uni quiz. Feeling really good about that, I need a few more to drag my C grade up to a B or hopefully even an A! :eek2: :crossedf:

Original post by Spock's Socks
Today I'm proud of finally going back to driving lessons after quitting them last year due to my panic attacks worsening. I have found a much better instructor this time around who I not only get on like a house of fire with but who also makes me feel 100% confident while driving and makes me feel fine about making muck ups

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought "get on like a house on fire" meant get on badly?

Also yay! good to hear you've found such a great instructor. :smile: Hopefully you'll pass soon.
Lmao posted in 1970 as well.
Reply 27
I washed my hands after going to the toilets

Reply 28
Original post by geniequeen48
Lmao posted in 1970 as well.

How's that possible?

Original post by Sabertooth
Today I'm proud of myself because I got 100% on a uni quiz. Feeling really good about that, I need a few more to drag my C grade up to a B or hopefully even an A! :eek2: :crossedf:

I thought "get on like a house on fire" meant get on badly?

Also yay! good to hear you've found such a great instructor. :smile: Hopefully you'll pass soon.

Nah over here we've always used it to mean getting on good. Something along the lines of you got on really quickly like how quickly a house sets on fire or something like that. Just one those ye olde sayings I suppose :tongue: thanks! Hoping to pass before my 24th in June but we shall see :smile: taking it one lesson at a time
Reply 30
I just made a lot of progress on a song I'm writing :biggrin:
Today I helped cater for a funeral for the first time, me and my mum spent around 5 hours preparing sandwiches and buffet food for a friend's mother in law's funeral, we also helped clean her house and set out the food and drinks whilst they were at the service, it was the least we could do for her really. I guess I'm proud because she really appreciated the effort we made and we really did try to make it as special as possible, especially since she has been really struggling through this whole situation.
Seeing this thread made me reflect on what I do, and pulled me from the working rut to reflect for a moment.

Helped stop a few suicides whilst keeping a cool head, was considerate and timely for emergencies and made me consider that my actions do have a very real impact on the lives of others. I'll take more pride from now on and will talk out issues rather than bottling up anymore. Who'd have thought writing something could be so cathartic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Nah over here we've always used it to mean getting on good. Something along the lines of you got on really quickly like how quickly a house sets on fire or something like that. Just one those ye olde sayings I suppose :tongue: thanks! Hoping to pass before my 24th in June but we shall see :smile: taking it one lesson at a time

I googled it and it turns out you're right and I've been using it wrong all these years! :facepalm:

I never got the British obsession with manual cars :tongue: I had 2 lessons and a few hours with a friend then passed. I tried when I lived in the UK and the anxiety I had with the clutch made me give up. But go you, it's good to have a date to aim for but don't be scared about taking things slow if that's what you need. :smile:
Reply 34
Because I finally finished my A-level physics coursework!

Had to cut it down to the right word limit because I waffled on. Submitted it; done and dusted.
I got out of bed

Posted from TSR Mobile
i stood up for myself
i gave up a days work because a colleague needed it more
This thread is amazing! I'm in a rough spot at the minute, excuse me while I come back here daily.

Today i'm proud of myself for asking for help.
I've never been one to ask for help with anything, but today (at around 4am) I emailed my university's mental health team to make an appointment for support. It's been an emotional morning but *hopefully* it's the start of something new.

(Also, I'm proud of me yesterday too, because I actually found the energy to go to my lecture for once)

Edit: I'm being proud of myself again for today, sorry not sorry. I just finished a piece of coursework that's not even due today.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest