The Student Room Group

Do i have any chance of getting accepted?? (Applied late/Course requires interview)

Im asking this just to try finding out if I realistically do stand any chance of getting a place on my desired degree at university for starting this year in October.

Ive applied to do a degree in Occupational Therapy at London South Bank Uni.

Academically I already hold a HND in Public Services Management at Pass grade,
plus am currently at Kingston University doing a Bsc Degree in Financial Economics.

In the entry requirements for the course it says-
•Open University degree or Foundation degree/diploma (or similar), 120 credits plus five GCSEs/equivalent (C or above) including Maths and English.

And so I believe that my HND (Foundation Degree) means I meet that requirement?

My main worry though is that as I didn't apply until late February, so missed the 15th Jan deadline, that i wont really stand any chance of getting a place on the degree. :frown:
Since i know for this degree you need to be interviewed by a panel, plus sit an entrance exam, but when i looked in the sub-forum on here for LSB i saw that many people who applied before Christmas have ALREADY had their interviews and exam, and have ALREADY received offers.

And so im very scared that the uni may simply not be conducting interviews anymore now that the deadline has passed. :/

Does anyone have any experience of if courses which require interviews and entrance exams do accept applicants who apply after 15th Jan though??
Reply 1
Perhaps contact them via email or something? You can also ask if you meet the requirements. I literally know nothing about unis but i reckon emailing will get you a direct answer so you can worry for less time! Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending