The Student Room Group

GCSE Art Exam

Hey, I have the first 5 hours of my Art GCSE exam tomorrow and I was just wondering how formal it is? I like to listen to audiobooks while doing art but is this allowed? Also will it have to be done in silence? There's some disruptive people in my class who I don't want to ruin my concentration. Thanks :smile:
Since its an exam, it will most likely be formal so whilst this means you probably won't be able to listen to an audiobook, its also unlikely that the disruptive people will be allowed to be disruptive. Anyone who communicates with another student during an exam should be disqualified. My art exam was still the least formal out of all of my exams last year though, because we were allowed to eat throughout it lol

Good luck!

Edit: Just realised you posted this 4 days ago, oops :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by T0ucan
Hey, I have the first 5 hours of my Art GCSE exam tomorrow and I was just wondering how formal it is? I like to listen to audiobooks while doing art but is this allowed? Also will it have to be done in silence? There's some disruptive people in my class who I don't want to ruin my concentration. Thanks :smile:

It has to be done under exam conditions, i.e. in silence and you are specifically not allowed to listen to Music.
Original post by Compost
It has to be done under exam conditions, i.e. in silence and you are specifically not allowed to listen to Music.

Schools tend to be stricter on not talking to other people than listening to music in art exams though.
Unfortunately it's exam conditions which is really annoying however there is very little chance of their being an invigilator so you will be able to freely leave the room. However you won't be allowed to access any computers/phones so make sure that all your references are printed out because despite it being a little less strict, the same rules basically apply!
Reply 5
@rosie.mn @Artstudentstress @Compost @jessyjellytot14
Thanks for the responses! Nobody was disruptive thankfully and my art exam went very well. Thanks again! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by T0ucan
We were allowed to listen to music if we wanted

I wouldn't own up to that as the rules http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/ice---instructions-for-conducting-examinations/instructions-for-conducting-examinations-2015-2016 say
11.2 For Art examinations ......... These examinations must be taken under formal conditions. Candidates are not permitted to listen to music.
(Bold is in the regs)
Reply 7
@Compost Thanks, edited my post :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending