The Student Room Group

DMU or Hertfordshire for architecture?

So i finally came up to this point of deciding which uni to choose from. I've received offers from both the university and now i am stuck. I really like both universities.

First of all i live in London, so if i were to go Hertfordshire i would choose to live at home and just drive back and forth to uni, but for DMU located in Leicester i would love to live in a accomodation. Seeing DMU's success in architecture in the past few years really inspired to me to go do architecture as the graduate prospect standards are quite high. Visiting DMU i also noticed profession within the tutors as they are actual architects teaching the course from experience, so i believe that this uni does provide a lot of opportunities, however, same as DMU, Hertfordshire is also in the same position in which all the tutors are actual experienced architects and interior architects, makes it harder for me to choose. Atmospheres from both the universities were really positive, specially hearing that both universities get to take students a week off outside the UK for field trips within architecture.

I am aware that DMU is 14 in the rankings this year (2016), and Hertfordshire isn't even in the league table (Why is that) maybe because Hertfordshire only started Bachelors in Architecture only 2 years ago. So you guys might think what the obvious answer is but who knows Hertfordshire might also be quite opportunistic.

If i was in your position, which Uni would choose and why? Do you consider living outside London better for architecture or not?
DMU.
Reply 2
I have already firmed DMU for architecture, if I were you I would definetly do the same!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending