The Student Room Group

Krav Maga, Self Defence, Other in the Beds/Herts/Cambs area

Hey folks,

I come from a Krav Maga and firearms background, after having grown up from the age of 12-18 out in the Middle East.

I haven't been able to find anywhere I can a) keep up training or b) pass on my experience to others, since I've come home to the UK.

Can anyone give me some pointers? I'm in the Beds and Herts area just east of Luton, north of Stevenage, south of Cambridge.
Original post by XMaramena
Hey folks,

I come from a Krav Maga and firearms background, after having grown up from the age of 12-18 out in the Middle East.

I haven't been able to find anywhere I can a) keep up training or b) pass on my experience to others, since I've come home to the UK.

Can anyone give me some pointers? I'm in the Beds and Herts area just east of Luton, north of Stevenage, south of Cambridge.

Have you tried contacting the British Krav Maga Association to see if they have on record any gyms in your area?
Reply 2
The only one I've seen looks a little "McDojo" to me. With Sensei Gary and his "Playground Friendly" fun methods...
Reply 3
Have you tried looking for martial arts centres rather than specific clubs? Even if they don't have something you want to do, they might be able to help.
Original post by XMaramena
The only one I've seen looks a little "McDojo" to me. With Sensei Gary and his "Playground Friendly" fun methods...

Doesn't really sound like a serious Krav Maga centre to me either.

Have you tried advertising online for a private Krav Maga instructor? It will be more expensive but at least you will get the training you need.
Reply 5
I've never tried it but I'd expect anyone bothering to reply to private tuition ads to be even more McDojo, good instructors have their own schools and if they offer private tuition you go to them directly, they don't hang around Gumtree or whatever looking for work

Quick Reply

Latest