The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Sometimes i have scribbles and crossing outs on my paper, and then i worry if the examiner would mark it more harshly because its more messy...
Reply 2
I always try to use a little humour in my answers to keep the examiner from getting bored :P Who knows, maybe they even give me extra marks for it.
i get paranoid whether the examiner is gunna always stick to the mark scheme or give me points for sum valid answers even if they're not on the mark scheme!
Reply 4
I think more than one person goes through the paper don't they? I doubt they would just let the final score be determined by one person without it being checked!
Most often an examiner is relieved to see a decent answer for once...

When my parents are marking exam scripts they really take it seriously, and deliberate over the mark of a paper for ages. I'm not even allowed in the same room...

As examiners are generally teachers, and most senior examiners have their own children too, they understand the importance of a fair mark, and I don't think anyone would be so callous... :s-smilie:

Although please still try and get in a little humour too; it provides some cheap laughs in our house. My dad once had "HELP!" scrawled across the paper. Nothing else, but he got paid the same as marking a quality A-grade answer...
Reply 6
downuno i agree with you. Sometimes i get worried that my handwriting looks like a childs as it is messy so i think they might (even though they don't) label me to be stupid.
worst case scenario get a re-mark.
Reply 8
Apparently papers get marked along a line now, e.g. one examiner marks the first answer, the same paper gets passed onto someone down the line and they mark question 2.

I guess that can work both ways, it's good if your second answer is better than your first because they won't go 'oh that was a fluke', but it's bad because the examiner won't be able to get a feel for a student and so won't award a person if they think they know what they're on about but it wasn't worded right.

I always worry i'm getting laughed at for my answers if i write something stupid, which i have done in the past :redface:

Latest