The Student Room Group

University of Exeter Applied (Clinical) Psychology Interview!

Hi,
I have my interview this Thursday and I'm super nervous. I was wondering if anyone who has been to one could give me so information on how it runs? Is it super formal, do we have to dress up? Is the group discussion difficult?
Any help would be amazing!

Thanks x
Reply 1
hii, I literally just got invited to interview and was wondering if you could tell me how it went, what it was like and any other advice???
Original post by Brebs
hii, I literally just got invited to interview and was wondering if you could tell me how it went, what it was like and any other advice???

Hey there!

As for the dress code most of us were dressed smart casual, nothing too fancy but also not jeans and trainers. I just wore a plain black skirt and a blouse, some boys dressed in suits but I don't think it was that formal an interview for a suit. But it's honestly so much better than you think it will be, and I'm sure you'll ace it!

Good luck x
Reply 3
This was super helpful, thank you so much!!x

Original post by amanda11almeida
Hey there!

As for the dress code most of us were dressed smart casual, nothing too fancy but also not jeans and trainers. I just wore a plain black skirt and a blouse, some boys dressed in suits but I don't think it was that formal an interview for a suit. But it's honestly so much better than you think it will be, and I'm sure you'll ace it!

Good luck x
Original post by Brebs
This was super helpful, thank you so much!!x

Sorry for some reason not everything I wrote got posted! The group interview is based on a video that the uni will send to you and you'll have about a 10/15 minute discussion with the rest of your group about it, it's all very informal and chilled out. Mine was living with depression, the questions asked were about the illness itself and whether we had any first hand experience with it or not. The individual interview was a bit more formal and you were giving a patient referal style letter and you had to talk about the patients illness and what form or therapy would be most useful for them. Again this is sent beforehand so you can practice answers. Finally questions were asked about my general life in college, my grades and why I thought I'd suit this course. Hope this was more informative!x
Reply 5
Sounds more scary now ahah but thank youu!x

Sorry for some reason not everything I wrote got posted! The group interview is based on a video that the uni will send to you and you'll have about a 10/15 minute discussion with the rest of your group about it, it's all very informal and chilled out. Mine was living with depression, the questions asked were about the illness itself and whether we had any first hand experience with it or not. The individual interview was a bit more formal and you were giving a patient referal style letter and you had to talk about the patients illness and what form or therapy would be most useful for them. Again this is sent beforehand so you can practice answers. Finally questions were asked about my general life in college, my grades and why I thought I'd suit this course. Hope this was more informative!x
Reply 6
Hi againnn,

I just had my interview and was just wondering how long it took Exeter to communicate a decision to you??
Original post by Brebs
Hi againnn,

I just had my interview and was just wondering how long it took Exeter to communicate a decision to you??

Oh hey! How did it go? I can't remember exactly but I think less than a month? They'll reply anyway wether you get it or not I think! Hope it all goes well!x
Reply 8
It went well thank you!! Less scary than I thught haha 😁😁 thank you very muchh!

Oh hey! How did it go? I can't remember exactly but I think less than a month? They'll reply anyway wether you get it or not I think! Hope it all goes well!x

Quick Reply

Latest