The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sports Psychology for me so I'm all good, well or maybe educational psychology.
Reply 21
8owman
Yeah from what i've heard they haven't got the best job security...

Not many jobs do nowadays. :s-smilie:
Reply 22
Clinical psychology jobs have stopped hiring at the momnet in the uk just so you know

But back to the point, yeh people do have degrees in psyhcology but few stay in the actual field, I want to. As long as its a quality degree (BPS recongnised) its all good. There are many good jobs in psychology!
Ive always thought psychology is one of the best degrees you could have. It involves learning and understanding human behaviour and most jobs require working with people so psychology is surely a very valued degree?

Yes there might be strong competition to actually become a psychologist but i bet you could equally get a good job in another area.
Reply 24
Does anyone know any facts about becoming an educational psychologist, i.e. how competitive it is?
Thanks
Its worth noting that Clinical psychology jobs within the NHS are currently going through a freeze because of the NHS budgetary problems, but this is the same for nurses, doctors and other allied medical careers like physios.

That said there are usually other ways for them to work (including teaching, research, court work and private therapy). None of the recently qualified clinical psychologists I know are out of work.

As for educational psychology there is a forum available where you can get information. http://www.edpsy.co.uk/ you can ask for info there.

Latest