The Student Room Group

Primark Withholding my Salary

I recently left a job at Primark. I was meant to get paid for a couple of shifts in february but I only got paid for one and was told I'd be paid for the other later in march. I got the payslip for the missed shift the other day and it stated I was meant to have been paid for it on February 19 for £33. I checked my bank statment and I'd only been paid £26.90 for one of the shifts on February 18th and nothing has gone into my account since then.

My contract was 8 hours on a weekend and because I earn so little I obviously don't get taxed for it. There were no deductions on the payslip dated February 19th and when I told this to Primark they simply refused to believe me and won't do anything about it unless I send them a scanned copy of my payslip. The scanning and sending isn't an issue it's just the way they've gone about it.. Rather than just admitting they've made a mistake they're being so unprofessional considering they've now 'forgotten' to pay me twice.

What would you do in a situation like this and has anything like this happened to you before? At primark or other companies.
Original post by JasmineIsaksson
I.............

Yup, scan and send the payslip and stop faffing.
Original post by threeportdrift
Yup, scan and send the payslip and stop faffing.

Actually, I think I have legit reason to be upset because they've forgotten to pay me twice. All I wanted to know was if someone's had this happened to them as well.
Original post by JasmineIsaksson
Actually, I think I have legit reason to be upset because they've forgotten to pay me twice. All I wanted to know was if someone's had this happened to them as well.

So what? you asked two questions -

Has anything like this happened to you before? Yup
What would you do? Scan and send the payslip and stop faffing

The fact you are upset is not a question, and is a reasonable response. But it doesn't counter the fact that payroll often get things like this wrong and it becomes much harder to sort out when the individual is no longer an employee. Your degree of upset/annoyance doesn't change your best course of action and if you focus on the upset and delay sending the paperwork they want it will just become a bigger issue.
They should treat their staff better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending