The Student Room Group

contacting unis- how?

what's the best way to contact unis? i've emailed a uni about the possiblility of making late application (its late because i'm dropping out of my current uni) and so far they haven't got back to me. it's kind of urgent, so if they don't reply soon should i phone them? how long should i leave it before i call? or do you think the lack of reply jus means they're not interested?
If you are reapplying then you need to go through ucas again, personal statement and everything.

If you need to contact the uni then wait for a reply to the email or look for a telephone number for the admissions/registry of the uni on their website
Phone if possible the admissions tutor for the course you want to do, otherwise general undergraduate admissions. Some unis aren't very good at replying to emails because they get so many of them and they sometimes go ignored for ages.
Reply 3
Exactly, if you're in a rush, try and phone them. If there isn't a direct number for admissions, see if there's a general switchboard number and then ask to be put through to admissions for your chosen subject. I emailed Southampton about being released and didn't get a reply for days, so I phoned them and got it sorted out in 3 minutes flat.
Reply 4
I agree. At least with a phone call they can't ignore you.

Good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending