The Student Room Group

Anyone want my part-time Bar job?? (London)

Hi!

I'm leaving my bar job in West Hampstead, NW London.

Anyone here interested in taking my place?

It's a bar and nightclub called LATELY (www.latelybar.com) and the shifts are Fridays and Saturdays, 10pm - 3am, £40 for each night.

Duties are:
Serving drinks
Washing glasses
Handling cash and operating the till
Stocking drinks, glasses or fruit
Playing music and talking with customers
Cleaning and tidying

It's just opposite West Hampstead tube station. Ask me if you have any questions, or if you want to apply, drop in with a CV and ask to speak to Gordon (owner).

Cheers.

- JP
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Papa_J

I can't leave until I find a replacement though, so anyone here interested?

- JP

Where on Earth would you get that idea?! You can leave any time you choose to hand your notice in, it's the responsibility of the bar manager to advertise jobs and recruit new staff!
Even then he can't do anything if you leave. What's he gonna do? Fire you?
Reply 3
Original post by Papa_J
Hmmmm...perhaps I've worded this incorrectly. I'm simply advertising the job for anyone here who might want it.
I want to leave as quickly as possible and my boss is not internet-savvy so I'm advertising the position myself.

When I say "I can't leave" I mean that they've been good to me and I'm not just going to walk out, leaving them short-staffed. I'm 28 and have had many jobs - don't worry, I'm not being held hostage!

So if you know anyone who wants a decent paid weekend bar job, pass this on. Cheers.

Only if I can stay at yours. :teeth:
Reply 4
Original post by stefano865
Only if I can stay at yours. :teeth:

What?
Reply 5
Original post by Papa_J
What?

Got a spare room? :tongue:
Reply 6
£8 an hour in London.

Not the best job to work at, but also nothing too bad.

The chances of you finding someone interested in this position are quite low here. Still, good luck (perhaps you can advertise somewhere else or even locally)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Impressive
£8 an hour in London.

Not the best job to work at, but also nothing too bad.

The chances of you finding someone interested in this position are quite low here. Still, good luck (perhaps you can advertise somewhere else or even locally)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's reasonable for the number of hours I think...

I am posting elsewhere as well of course, cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending