The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics A: Paper 2 UK Economy – Performance & Policies (May 23rd)

Hey guys, I self-studied my AS in Economics last year and got 100%.

Now have an offer to read economics at Cambridge and wanted to help other students who might need help with their AS (helps me too because I need to revise AS content because it repeats at A2).

I've been helping a lot of students out with the new spec, here are some resources I've made/found:

1. Mind maps with all definitions + evaluation points (attached).

2. Free online revision course (pretty much just used this to get 100%): www.uplearn.co.uk

3. Edexcel detailed syllabus (page 20 on):

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co..._Guide_new.pdf

4. I also compiled the past papers for Edexcel (before 2015) here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...W8&usp=sharing

I also have model answers to all the past paper questions.

Literally any questions and I'm happy to provide a detailed answer to assist
Reply 1
thank you for these!! really good! I signed up to Up Learn and it's great, but no spaces left for theme 2? do you have any resources for that

really struggling with monetary policy and the 20-markers :/
Reply 2
Original post by guyr
thank you for these!! really good! I signed up to Up Learn and it's great, but no spaces left for theme 2? do you have any resources for that

Hey!

Yeah the Up Learn course was a huge help last year, didn't realise it was full for Theme 2 but I can definitely help you with monetary policy so don't worry :smile:

What exactly are you struggling with?

And dyou need help structuring your 20-markers? If so we could go through a few questions (although I didn't do your new AS spec so the marking might be a bit different).
Thank you so much for all this it is much appreciated, i wish you lots of success in all your future endeavours. I am currently studying the new AS for economics and sadly my teachers are not particularly skilled in the area and i am struggling with Theme 2. I tend to understand all the information separately but i then struggle to answer 15 and 20 mark questions on it. the online revision course you put up doesn't let me access theme 2, so if you can help me with any revision notes for theme 2 it would be much appreciated.
Original post by thinkecon
Hey!

Yeah the Up Learn course was a huge help last year, didn't realise it was full for Theme 2 but I can definitely help you with monetary policy so don't worry :smile:

What exactly are you struggling with?

And dyou need help structuring your 20-markers? If so we could go through a few questions (although I didn't do your new AS spec so the marking might be a bit different).

me too thanks!! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Elianakisel
Thank you so much for all this it is much appreciated, i wish you lots of success in all your future endeavours. I am currently studying the new AS for economics and sadly my teachers are not particularly skilled in the area and i am struggling with Theme 2. I tend to understand all the information separately but i then struggle to answer 15 and 20 mark questions on it. the online revision course you put up doesn't let me access theme 2, so if you can help me with any revision notes for theme 2 it would be much appreciated.

Sure, well why don't you pick out a past paper question you're struggling with and I can work through structure with you and show you the frameworks of approach I've found to be effective.
Thanks! Literal life saver. I have precisely 1 week to learn the whole of unit 2 from scratch....

So annoyed the uplearn course for unit 2 is already sold out though

Where did you say the definitions were?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Themathgeek
Thanks! Literal life saver. I have precisely 1 week to learn the whole of unit 2 from scratch....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the exact position as you. I've been self teaching and I've done theme 1 and a bit of theme 2 but I want to finish theme 2 by the end of the half term so I go into exam practice for a month, we can do this!!
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, sorry, please find attached :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by thinkecon
Hey, sorry, please find attached :smile:

Hey thank you so much for helping us! Really appreciate it
Need a B or A for good predicted grades for A2.

I was wondering, do you mind sharing your model answers with me via email?
Im also having problems with Up Learn - it says the modules forTheme 1 and 2 are sold out, what can I do?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi could you share with me your login and pasword just for looking through their materials pleeeease because it's too late for signing up now(((((((((
Original post by guyr

Hi could you share with me your login and pasword just for looking through their materials pleeeease because it's too late for signing up now(((((((((
Original post by Cvetlana158

Does anyone have any good macro resources ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any good macro resources ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have made just under 1,000 Macro flashcards here:

https://s.tudy.it/ay5ma

You may need to sign up
Does anyone have the questions for the 2017 Edexcel paper 2 ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending