The Student Room Group

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by brunegtebabe111
It took me about 4 lessons just to understand how to stop at a junction (left emerge) and then carry on without stalling, I didn't understand when to let go off the clutch, Iet it go fully before I was even turning stalling all the time. I have grasped it now and it's easy now, the thing I'm worried about now is roundabouts, I started them today And I was meant to go left on the roundabout and I nearly went straight on oops. I'm also worried about maneovers 3 point turn is horrible

I hate the 3 point turn! I can't do that to save myself! :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
oh wow! Aha hopefully the bad luck doesn't strike again.
I've been doing intensive 2 hour courses well 4 hours per week! So I'm trying to pick up things fast and learn it at the same time

I'd love to have multiple lesson throughout the week but my instructor is really busy so just one a week is all she can do at the mo and I don't want to change because she really is an amazing instructor and a good laugh. Its early in the morning right now so I'm assuming you haven't done your test yet so good luck and remember to let us know how you get on :smile: I'm just about to do some theory practice with the test discs
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'd love to have multiple lesson throughout the week but my instructor is really busy so just one a week is all she can do at the mo and I don't want to change because she really is an amazing instructor and a good laugh. Its early in the morning right now so I'm assuming you haven't done your test yet so good luck and remember to let us know how you get on :smile: I'm just about to do some theory practice with the test discs

Passed the theory!!

I'm going to be cheeky and ask my instrucor if i can book in advance like 2 months from now and if I can't do it by then I can cancel if im not making good progress, ideally wanna finish before june!

And btw I didn't use the discs just the apps on my phone =] I got 47/80 though hazard was bad... 46/75 or something so make sure to revise for hazard more!

and yeah im glad I can do more than 4 hours per week, faster :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
Passed the theory!!

I'm going to be cheeky and ask my instrucor if i can book in advance like 2 months from now and if I can't do it by then I can cancel if im not making good progress, ideally wanna finish before june!

And btw I didn't use the discs just the apps on my phone =] I got 47/80 though hazard was bad... 46/75 or something so make sure to revise for hazard more!

and yeah im glad I can do more than 4 hours per week, faster :biggrin:

Well done! :biggrin: those are really good scores! :biggrin: I've got the apps as well and in the last question part I got 47/50 and in the hazard perception I got 46/75 too, same as you lol. You'll pass by June I'm sure!
Accelerating and clutch is what I need to work on, I was quite good at it but my instructor changed from a diesel to a petrol car last lesson, feels like I have to learn the same stuff again loool .
Reply 25
Realized it would be a bad idea to sit my theory two days before mum's wedding since driving will be the last thing on my mind and I'll have my hair, nails and all that jazz to get done before it so I've booked it for sooner, a fortnight today down in Dumfries which is about 40 miles away from me. Might as well go down there and get it over with and make a day of it down there. Either way if I pass or fail, I'm sure me and my mum will find a good pub to celebrate or drown my sorrows in :tongue:
Realized it would be a bad idea to sit my theory two days before mum's wedding since driving will be the last thing on my mind and I'll have my hair, nails and all that jazz to get done before it so I've booked it for sooner, a fortnight today down in Dumfries which is about 40 miles away from me. Might as well go down there and get it over with and make a day of it down there. Either way if I pass or fail, I'm sure me and my mum will find a good pub to celebrate or drown my sorrows in :tongue:

You go girl haha! seems liek you'll do the same as me if not better, good luck for it
Driving.
Reply 28
I hate this roundabout with a passion! Maybe its easy to everyone else and I'm just a noob but grrr I hate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Bloody changed my theory again! Mum went to book hers this morning and noticed there was a cancellation in our hometown centre this Monday at 10am and instead of booking it for herself, she put my name down! Eeeeeek 3 days to revise. Better stay in this weekend then :tongue:
You will be fine, 3 days is more than enough time to revise. It's mostly common sense.
Reply 31
5 years after getting my license, I still have trouble parallel parking well quickly.
Was roundabouts, now the worst thing is I sometimes leave the clutch down turning into junctions after moving down a gear.
multi lane (at least 3 or 4 lane) roundabouts ie after an A road or off a motor way junction... Absolutely hate it
I hate this roundabout with a passion! Maybe its easy to everyone else and I'm just a noob but grrr I hate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

loool stress!
Reply 35
How long did you guys spend revising for your theory? I'm reading that some people felt they only needed a night or two to study and then others wanted weeks to prepare for it.
How long did you guys spend revising for your theory? I'm reading that some people felt they only needed a night or two to study and then others wanted weeks to prepare for it.

About two days, just using free resources found online.
Original post by BrownEyedGirl92
About two days, just using free resources found online.

This for sure brownie. I just used the app on my phone answered all Q's and same exact Q's came up lol par 3 though, which were random af.
How many lessons did you all need to pass your test

Posted from TSR Mobile
I honestly don't understand why people find it hard to drive, my lessons were easy and i passed first time. The again I am a serious car nut so that explains why.

The only thing i'm no expert as is parallel parking. Everything else is mega easy.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending