The Student Room Group

Three mobile late payments

I did late payments a lot and got suspended twice will it affect my credit score badly and how long does it take to restore it to the mortgageable level , how it will affect on choosing student accommodation for next year?

It says on three website
If you don’t pay your bill and you haven’t talked to us about it, we’ll try and contact you by phone and mail. However, unfortunately we’ll also have to restrict your Three service and you won’t be able to use our network until you clear any outstanding balance.

If this happens, we may also:

Add a Cancellation Fee to your account that's calculated in line with our Terms and Conditions.
Pass on your details to a Debt Collection Agency, who will collect the total balance, including the Cancellation Fee, for us.
Let the Credit Reference Agencies know that you've missed payments. This information can be used by other lenders and will affect your credit rating.

Even though I got suspended I payed the bill straightaway and did not get any calls, so according to the instruction on their website , they did not report that to credit reference agencies?
Reply 1
Original post by Stolyarov Daniel
19 , 500-600k , own business

I'm sure you'll be just fine finding student accommodation.
Original post by Stolyarov Daniel
I did late payments a lot and got suspended twice will it affect my credit score badly and how long does it take to restore it to the mortgageable level , how it will affect on choosing student accommodation for next year?

It says on three website
If you don’t pay your bill and you haven’t talked to us about it, we’ll try and contact you by phone and mail. However, unfortunately we’ll also have to restrict your Three service and you won’t be able to use our network until you clear any outstanding balance.

If this happens, we may also:

Add a Cancellation Fee to your account that's calculated in line with our Terms and Conditions.
Pass on your details to a Debt Collection Agency, who will collect the total balance, including the Cancellation Fee, for us.
Let the Credit Reference Agencies know that you've missed payments. This information can be used by other lenders and will affect your credit rating.

Even though I got suspended I payed the bill straightaway and did not get any calls, so according to the instruction on their website , they did not report that to credit reference agencies?

1. The only way to tell is by looking at your credit reference. You could take a chance and ask 3 if they informed credit reference, but checking your record i.e the thing that everyone lese looks at, is the most reliable. Just google obtaining your credit reference. tha main agency is called experian, but there are two smaller ones. It costs £2.

2. It stays on the record for 6 years.

3. Will it affect your chances of renting? depend if they do a check, then its up to the LL whether they regard it as hindering you. If theres no entry then theres nothing to see. If there is an entry then its issue and you need to think of your explanation. the fact its happened 3 times would indicate you are unreliable.

The only way to know for sure is to check.
Original post by estel

Lol see what you mean. perhaps he has a very big mobile phone bill.
Reply 4
Original post by estel

Well played Sir.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending