The Student Room Group

Ordinary Degree

Hello,

I am in 3rd year in Scotland uni and am considering of taking an ordinary degree because of: money problems, health problems(I am depressed because of money problems and I have other health issues). I do Computer Science.

The problem is that I don't know if I can upgrade, i.e. finish 4th year at my university later in life and get honors degree. I also do not know if I can find a job in software field while taking this break from university with ordinary degree. I think that I would be able to continue if I did not have money problems but depression is also getting in my way.

Could you provide information on how ordinary degrees work and what do I need to do to stand out from the crowd when looking for job?
You could upgrade it to an honours degree at a later stage, but there's no guarantee that you could do this at your current university. Ask a few top-up degree providers if they'd accept someone with an ordinary degree. You could certainly do it with the Open University if you couldn't find anywhere else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending