The Student Room Group

Is it normal to wear a hoodie at uni ?

Am a student in London. ok so whenever i wear a hoodie (covering my head) to uni, people kinda look at me a lot, especially the girls. Do they think i am a drug dealer?
Reply 1
whats not normal about that haha
Reply 2
Go back to bed mate
Reply 3
What are you on about
Reply 4
Wear a hoodie. Don't cover your head unless you're outside and it's raining.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Why have your hood up indoors? Weird, I wouldn't talk to ya
Reply 6
It definitely gives off an unsocial/anti-social vibe if you're wearing your hood up when the weather's fine or you're indoors. Strangers would be wary of you in passing but if that doesn't bother you then it doesn't really matter.

I know some people who do this in lectures. It doesn't make them look approachable but at the same time I don't really think much of it/care. If I had to work with them I would treat them like any other person/have no prejudgements of them, I wouldn't be thinking, 'oh that's the guy who always wears hoodies' lol.

In terms of just hoodies/zip ups with the hood down, no one cares, I wear them all the time, obv. it's pretty casual wearing but that's how I dress in general. I'm sure some people who are more superficial might make some judgements about that but they're not the kind of people I'd care to make a positive impression on anyway.
Don't put your hood up. You look like a drug dealer.
Having a hood on indoors is rather strange. On the street, maybe, it does make you look a bit scary/suspicious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending