The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Sandby halls help!!!

Hello, I have room 109 on the first floor of sandby, is this a bad decision? should I go for a room higher up?
Original post by abinit
Hello, I have room 109 on the first floor of sandby, is this a bad decision? should I go for a room higher up?

Hi abinit,

No that's not a bad decision at all! Can I ask why you think that?

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi abinit,

No that's not a bad decision at all! Can I ask why you think that?

Thanks,

Ellen

Purely because of the noise since I would like a nice balance for when I am working and also socializing. That's why I was also looking at private accommodation but decided to go for it to have the experience. I thought it would be better for socializing?

What do you think?
Original post by abinit
Purely because of the noise since I would like a nice balance for when I am working and also socializing. That's why I was also looking at private accommodation but decided to go for it to have the experience. I thought it would be better for socializing?

What do you think?

Hi abinit,

If I am honest, where you are positioned height wise in Sandby won't affect the noise that much. I lived opposite Sandby in first year, and noise was never a huge issue for me. Obviously, during freshers week and a few weeks after it was quite loud, but it soon quietened down once everyone had settled in, and it is usually very quiet during exam season!

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending