The Student Room Group

Trump breaks 50% in national support

A recent YouGov pollI
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He will lose to Clinton anyway just look at the polls.
Your name is frightening. Zionist? not so much if Zionist just means supporting the Israeli state. Neo-con however...
Original post by whorace
He will lose to Clinton anyway just look at the polls.

Which polls might these be?
Reply 4
Original post by Aceadria
Which polls might these be?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

They are very reliable and most candidates themselves use them as a benchmark. The numbers here don't lie, Tump will lose easily.
Reply 5
Original post by whorace
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

They are very reliable and most candidates themselves use them as a benchmark. The numbers here don't lie, Tump will lose easily.

There's a long way to go yet. If you look at the graph you'll see that Clinton and Trump have been neck and neck twice in the last few months.

Also, Clinton has the Dem nomination stitched up. Trump hasn't done that yet because despite him being the clear leader the likes of Romney are going to play all sorts of dirty tricks to keep him out. If he can negotiate those obstacles and get the nomination he'll be face too face with Clinton and will wipe the floor with her.

And btw, numbers often lie. The numbers didn't predict a Tory landslide last May.
Reply 6
Trump bless.

Original post by whorace
They are very reliable and most candidates themselves use them as a benchmark.

This assumes that because candidates use them it is reliable, which is clearly not the case.

Original post by whorace
The numbers here don't lie, Tump will lose easily.

I grant that real clear politics is the 'gold standard' when it comes to polling but the results are by no means a predictor of the future. Polling gives us a 'picture' of the status quo; it does not and should not predict the future. We have a long way to go until the actual election, and peoples' opinions can change (as they have with Trump over the last few months).
I genuinely do not understand why people vote for him, at all.
Reply 9
Original post by Aceadria
This assumes that because candidates use them it is reliable, which is clearly not the case.

I grant that real clear politics is the 'gold standard' when it comes to polling but the results are by no means a predictor of the future. Polling gives us a 'picture' of the status quo; it does not and should not predict the future. We have a long way to go until the actual election, and peoples' opinions can change (as they have with Trump over the last few months).

Ok they could do but if I see you using them anywhere else i'm going to call you out for it. Rubio lost Florida yesterday (as predicted by polls).
Original post by whorace
Ok they could do but if I see you using them anywhere else i'm going to call you out for it. Rubio lost Florida yesterday (as predicted by polls).

Right you are, Mr. E-thug. It's fine to use polls to back your argument; but to state with 100% certainty that polls will predict something in the future is false.
Original post by Mathemagicien
He is miles better than Ted Cruz; the media only focus on his anti-immigration stance (which is 'radical' and 'far-right' ) , and ignore the other issues, most of which he is more moderate on, compared to the other Republican candidates

PRSOM.

Brother Nathanael reckons Trump might not be granted the nomination because of wealthy Jews like Sheldon Adelson are calling the shots at the GOP.

Despite Trump being very pro-Israel and his Jewish connections these Jewish elites do not like his foreign policy or stance on immigration which they are using to destroy White America just as they do here in Britain.

What is happening is we were mislead in the Middle East on purpose to destabilize it to the benefit of Israel. Trump like most are obviously too naive to know what is going on, but he does know foreign policy is a disaster and could ruin their plans if he stops supporting regime changes like Obama, Bush and Clinton do.

This is why Hillary Clinton has people like Kissinger, Albright and now Robert Kagan who is a co-founder of PNAC behind her. She's a puppet interventionist who will cause more trouble in the Middle East.
(edited 8 years ago)
He is miles better than Ted Cruz; the media only focus on his anti-immigration stance (which is 'radical' and 'far-right':wink:, and ignore the other issues, most of which he is more moderate on, compared to the other Republican candidates

He lies? He intices violence? He's hateful? He's a complete demagogue.
He'd still make a better president than Cruz

He's a demagogue? Says the guy using cheap ad-hominem attacks rather than rational argument

(Yes, I'm using one too)

"Cheap ad-hominem", sorry pal but his personality and him as a person has a lot to do with whether or not he'd be good as a president. "Ad hominem" oh please, stop trying to make yourself sound intelligent and speak in plain English. The fact you even moderately back Trump already renders your intelligence minimal.
Agreed - hence why he's better than Cruz

Ha, if you say so.

I'm not trying to sound pompous...

Doing a good job of it though.

Again, cheap ad hominem

Boohoo.

(Btw, I back Hillary over Sanders over Trump over Cruz)

Stop being a difficult idiot then and arguing for the sake of it.

:borat:
Original post by Dehumanized

Brother Nathanael reckons Trump might not be granted the nomination because of wealthy Jews like Sheldon Adelson are calling the shots at the GOP.

Despite Trump being very pro-Israel and his Jewish connections these Jewish elites do not like his foreign policy or stance on immigration which they are using to destroy White America just as they do here in Britain.

What is happening is we were mislead in the Middle East on purpose to destabilize it to the benefit of Israel. Trump like most are obviously too naive to know what is going on, but he does know foreign policy is a disaster and could ruin their plans if he stops supporting regime changes like Obama, Bush and Clinton do.

This is why Hillary Clinton has people like Kissinger, Albright and now Robert Kagan who is a co-founder of PNAC behind her. She's a puppet interventionist who will cause more trouble in the Middle East.

The Republican Party is not ''Jewish'' at all, even though it probably would uphold their interests much better than the democucks.

The Mormons have the right idea, strong family values, good business people, support low taxes, support Israel
Original post by NeoconZionist
A recent YouGov poll has placed Donald Trump as having 53% national support from likely Republican primary voters.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow how many delegates he won today.

Spoiler

YouGov is a UK website. Yeah, I'd say take this with a pinch of salt...or ten.
You dislike hate politics, yet you seem to have a problem with people on the right of you politically. Tell me, why is hating and stereotyping people based on political views okay, when its not okay to do the same about religious beliefs?

What are you talking about? Harm is the key word here.

Oh and just so you know, I'm centre. I am not entirely left nor right.
Reply 19
Original post by ivybridge
I genuinely do not understand why people vote for him, at all.

Because he wants to make America a great country again. That's his platform.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending