The Student Room Group

Please Help

I am currently studying a GCE in Applied ICT course at college and wish to choose a computer science course at uni, the university wants a BB which i was predicted but after the exam my predicted grades have been dropped to CD and i know my exam didnt go well, iam just wondering if i would still be accepted to the course, or if not there is another course that i want to apply for through UCAS clearing but they also want a BB which is at the same university, so is it possible for me to apply for the second course if i get rejected from the first course although the entry criteria doesn't match my results and would i have a chance to get acepted to the second course i choose...

thanks....
It all depends how many people meet their offers and how many places they therefore have, but if they don't let you in, you can apply through Clearing.
Reply 2
Well, your predicted grades count for nothing at this point, so ignore them. If you don't make the grades you need then you need to phone the university on results day and see if you can persuade them to take you anyway, if not you'll be able to go through clearing and try and get in somewhere else.
Reply 3
I would advise you to wait until you get the results. I am in a simular situation as I need a C grade in English A-Level, but it can be useful to consider in advance if there are any other courses you would consider going to - either at the same or different Universities with lower entrance requirements, so that you have a backup plan if you don't achieve the grade required. Remember to think positively though.

Good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending