The Student Room Group

I have very low self-esteem

I'm a very shy person and sometimes this can be very frustrating. I'm not good at making new friends because when I meet people I'm not very talkative, hence I come across as weird, miserable and cold when I'm the complete opposite. I have lost many friends who are loud, outgoing etc because they loss patience with me for being shy. Also, I'm not the most handsome bloke in town which doesn't help matters. My confidence is so low that I've had sleepless nights worrying about what others think of me. Sometimes I'm awake at 2.30 in the morning just gazing at my wall feeling so low and worthless! Strangely my best mate is the complete opposite to me. He's very loud, extrovert and very outgoing. He's always telling me to build up my confidence but its easier said then done.

It's reached the point where it's dying my life. I spend every Friday and Saturday night at home, I've never had a girlfriend because I get very nervous when speaking to girls and I haven't even say my driving test (I've had 50 lessons but I'm still terrible at driving because I get very nervous during lessons).
This is the story of my life exept I dont give a ****. You will improve confidence dont worry :smile: Its probably where you are right now.
Just an idea, could you perhaps volunteer somewhere? I got so confident when I was volunteering at an animal shelter and it really helped my self-esteem.

Quick Reply

Latest