The Student Room Group

AllegationAcademic Misconduct

I am in my second year at university on a computing pathway but I have a email last Wednesday for allegation academic misconduct for a module I have done for my first year I have Academic Support as I am registered DDS but I have spoken to Student Union Advise Bureau they told me not to worry as the registry wants to hear from me first before making a decision they ask me to answers some question:

Why/How his work came to be online in multiple 3rd party programming forums?

Why did he not seek advice from his module tutors to resolve difficulties at the time?

If this case (worst scenario) were considered as a potential case of contract cheating does contract require payment?

How much has his disability impacted on his ability to make sound judgement in this matter?
This is what happen during that module in my first year I was stuck on two question for python assignment so I ask for help on stackoverflow by posting my code online but the people who answer stackoverflow did not answer my question so I went back to my friends who was studying the same modules as me like many student do that and they helped me with the two question I was stuck on then I went to post the answer on stackoverflow that I have solved which my friend helped me at university and now they accusing me for academic misconduct. The lecturer has misunderstanding for this situation.

Any Advice I am kind of worried

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending