The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Chamberlain, Shackleton or Mason ?

Hi,
I have to decide where I want to live next year (hopefully, if my grades are good enough) but I'm having a hard time deciding between these different buildings at The Vale Village.
I'd be really greatful for some advice :smile:
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by sarah_261
Hi,
I have to decide where I want to live next year (hopefully, if my grades are good enough) but I'm having a hard time deciding between these different buildings at The Vale Village.
I'd be really greatful for some advice :smile:
Thanks

My son is deciding the same, although after seeing the 'wetroom' of Mason it has put him off. Whoever designed them needs to seriously consider their choice of career.

These are his choices
Shackleton
Elgar
Chamberlain
Jarrett Hall
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
If you have enough money I'd definitely go with Chamberlain. The rooms there are VERY nice and its en suite. The only problem is that you have to have meal plan with Chamberlain - not good if you'd like the choice.

Shackleton, to me, was just not up there with Chamberlain or Mason. The room we were showed was a good walk through the hub, up the stairs, over the rooftop up more stairs. I'd rather go to Mason over Shackleton - and its cheaper (albeit without the meal plan). If you want en-suite I wouldn't go with Shackleton. £7,626 for Shackleton is just not worth paying when it's £7,868 for Chamberlain.

Mason is good. En-suite and self catered for £6,214. Much better feel than Shackleton. Nice rooms and kitchens.

If you want meal plan I'd go with Chamberlain but for self-catered I'd probably choose Mason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending