The Student Room Group

Pride and Prejudice Help Please!

Hi,

I'm doing AQA AS Lit (B) and I always get full marks on the first part of my question and a good mark on the last part of my question however I always fail in the second question which targets the following AO:

AO3: Show detailed understanding of the ways in which writers’ choices of form, structure and language shape meanings

Can anyone help me? I always end up with nothing to say. Does anyone have any good worksheets/websites which tackle this AO.

Cheers!
Reply 1
I love that book.
Reply 2
Hi, i've read the book ...

I'm doing AS English Lit AQA A not B, but this AO criteria looks to me like it wants specific techniques.

Look at sentence structure, narrative, vocabulary, similes/metaphors/symbolism/imagery, anything like "pathetic fallacy" (this means the weather reflects the mood eg. sunny, calm weather would be happy mood and rough, windy, rainy weather would be a tense/sad mood), descriptions, humour (isn't there some in this book? Like with Elizabeth Bennet's mother and father? Ignore me if there isn't, i read the book a while ago ... ), the beginning/end of a chapter and compare the beginning/end of the novel eg. any links or things repeated.

Hope this helps a bit! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
That's fantastic. BUT .... ... ... your 3 weeks late! :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending