The Student Room Group

Is this allergies??

Okay so yesterday I broke out into massive rash hives everywhere and so I went to the doctors this morning and I bought some antihistamine and the rash cleared up very quickly. However my eyes are like super itchy atm and my head hurts and my throat also hurts and my nose is kinda runny/blocked. Is this allergies or am I just getting a cold again?? And what on earth would I be allergic to? Could it be hay fever?? But like I've never ever experienced this before. I'm going to buy some allergy medicine tomorrow just in case... How can I be sure what exactly I have?? The nurse (walk in clinic) didn't really say anything because the hives had kind of dyed down by the time I'd seen her so just recommended antihistamines. Should I maybe make an actual doctors appointment for this or...??
Original post by bluemadhatter
Okay so yesterday I broke out into massive rash hives everywhere and so I went to the doctors this morning and I bought some antihistamine and the rash cleared up very quickly. However my eyes are like super itchy atm and my head hurts and my throat also hurts and my nose is kinda runny/blocked. Is this allergies or am I just getting a cold again?? And what on earth would I be allergic to? Could it be hay fever?? But like I've never ever experienced this before. I'm going to buy some allergy medicine tomorrow just in case... How can I be sure what exactly I have?? The nurse (walk in clinic) didn't really say anything because the hives had kind of dyed down by the time I'd seen her so just recommended antihistamines. Should I maybe make an actual doctors appointment for this or...??

Hay fever doesn't usually cause hives I think. I guess a skin prick test would be a way to be sure what's causing it.
Reply 2
This could be urticaria. You may need to be referred to a Dermatologist. Go see ur gp and have a follow-up. Also keep an eye on the food u consuming that may be trigerring this. Wheat, gluten, barley are usually the mAin culprits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you eat a specific food before this happened? Used a new soap/detergent etc?
Original post by SleepingLion3
Did you eat a specific food before this happened? Used a new soap/detergent etc?

not that I remember :sad:
Original post by claireestelle
Hay fever doesn't usually cause hives I think. I guess a skin prick test would be a way to be sure what's causing it.

^^^ go do this :yep:
Original post by claireestelle

Original post by iEthan
^^^ go do this :yep:

how do i do it myself or go to a doctor and ask for one :O
how do i do it myself or go to a doctor and ask for one :O

You d have to ask your GP to refer you to an immunologist i think

Quick Reply

Latest