The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Accomodation Application, Replies anyone??

Just posting to check if any applicants have heard anything on their accomodation applications yet. On the internet and on the open day the staff mentioned that the form should be completed and sent off asap as they start allocating places in April.
I'm not worried just curious as i expected to have heard from them by now seen as i sent my form off about a month ago.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The accomodation forms/booklet state that allocation will occur during May/June, and that offers for new students will be made at the end of june/beginning of July. At that point you will have 7 days from receipt of the offer to return the statement of acceptance with a deposit cheque duly enclosed.

Out of interest... what accomodation did you apply for?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
HagerVor
The accomodation forms/booklet state that allocation will occur during May/June, and that offers for new students will be made at the end of june/beginning of July. At that point you will have 7 days from receipt of the offer to return the statement of acceptance with a deposit cheque duly enclosed.

Out of interest... what accomodation did you apply for?

I applied for city centre halls; reason being i found the city centre a more excitable place and as a person who regards partying as a fundamental aspect of life i thought crawling home from Bristols many establishments would be easier than getting up to Frenchay at 4am. I didnt want to go with Unite as i didnt think i could make the early rent payment before the loans come though.
I was on the phone today with the accomodation services.
I was told the contracts should be sent out around early-mid july.
Ive applied for the student village as i wanted to live on campus in my first year, certainly wont be there next year with the prices they have stung us with!
Reply 4
Accom people rang me the other day, couple of days ago(?), asking if I'd got the booklet. Well, I did that day, subsequently sent it back. Asked if there were still places on Frenchay and she said absolutely loads. Why do they bother saying it's all gone by May on the website then?! How bizarre.

What do you mean about the early payments before the loan is due? They wouldn't ask for money before your loans, it'd be incredibly stupid on their behalf.
Reply 5
Lady_Muck

What do you mean about the early payments before the loan is due? They wouldn't ask for money before your loans, it'd be incredibly stupid on their behalf.

Generally most places ask for payment before the loans are though - deposits etc. You more than likely won't receive your first loan payment until you've been there for a week.
Reply 6
yes, but they will give you a period of time before paying it. You have to pay the deposit way before, I thought? Or maybe I'm being confused, but I'm sure I read about putting a £300 deposit down upon confirmation of you wanting it....I might be reading it wrong, or just dreaming things up.

I'm excited. I'm going up on Weds as I've never been and generally looking forward to university!
Reply 7
Lady_Muck
yes, but they will give you a period of time before paying it. You have to pay the deposit way before, I thought? Or maybe I'm being confused, but I'm sure I read about putting a £300 deposit down upon confirmation of you wanting it....I might be reading it wrong, or just dreaming things up.

I'm excited. I'm going up on Weds as I've never been and generally looking forward to university!

I'm going on wednesday too. What course are you gonna be on?

The last halls of residence that i stayed in required a deposit down in july time, within 7 days of receiving the offer letter... It might be different for uwe i guess.
UWE is the same
We should get our offers/ contracts through the post in july. We then have 10days to sign it and send it back with a £300 deposit.
Can't Wait!
Reply 9
Property Management and Investment. :biggrin: hurrah how exciting tomorrooowww!
Reply 10
Lady_Muck
Property Management and Investment. :biggrin: hurrah how exciting tomorrooowww!

How did you find it?
Hmm. Interesting. Had a bit of a suprise, bit disappointed, have to go to uni for four years and not three. Possibly five if I choose to take the placement year, too.

However, I did quite like the uni. Was further out of Bristol than I thought, but 2 hours door to door - v good! I thought the campus accommodation was all really good, so would be happy to go in either.

Still, a little apprehensive about my course now given it's all gone a little tits. However, the course leaders were all really encouraging, seemed lovely and very supportive. So on that alone I'm going to give it a go and see how we get on.

What did you think...?
Reply 12
Lady_Muck

What did you think...?

ah.. I already had a very good idea about what I was getting myself into. Was just dissapointed that I couldn't take a language as a module..

I did go to see the student village.. just to see exactly what you get for your £107 a week. Didn't seem overly nice. Carpets looked a little tatty in the actual rooms and the hallway just seemed overly hotel-esque. I'll be saving my money there I think..

so are you going ahead with the application?
I went to the wednesday open day and was actually abit disappointed.

The city accomodation was abit of a let down, i was with a group of people on the city tour and quite a few people left the tour after seeing the first halls!

Never got to see Market Gate but hopefully they were better then the uwe managed halls.

The built environment building was a bit run down too...
Didn't expect the buildings to be brand new, v few ever are.

Is it £107 a week? Jesus, I thought it was £95...

I'm going because I don't have any other choice. However, in a perfect world (had I known I had no other option than the foundation) I would've taken the foundation offer I had at Oxford Brookes.
£103 if you opt out of the bus pass and gym membership.

The contract for the student village is 41 weeks, so i was told by one student there.
I've only just got my offer off them for Carrol Court anyone else got their offer yet?
Reply 17
Lady_Muck
Hmm. Interesting. Had a bit of a suprise, bit disappointed, have to go to uni for four years and not three. Possibly five if I choose to take the placement year, too.

However, I did quite like the uni. Was further out of Bristol than I thought, but 2 hours door to door - v good! I thought the campus accommodation was all really good, so would be happy to go in either.

Still, a little apprehensive about my course now given it's all gone a little tits. However, the course leaders were all really encouraging, seemed lovely and very supportive. So on that alone I'm going to give it a go and see how we get on.

What did you think...?

Hi, how are you finding Property Management and Investment? It looks like thats the course i will be on in september.
Reply 18
i havent had a reply yet :frown:
Room 6, Flat 210, Brecon Court UWE Frenchay Campus :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending