The Student Room Group

How many hours a week do you spend revising for A-levels??

Just wondering how many hours a week every one spends revising?

Scroll to see replies

Probably about 80 now tbh
I think I spent a total of about 2 hours of revision during my A-Levels.
I blagged a BBCD. No idea how I did it.

Now that I'm a few years older and wiser, it's something I definitley regret. I should have worked harder.
Reply 3
For A2s I spent maybe 5ish at this stage. My A2s didn't go very well (compared to predictions etc.) so do more than that if you want to do well. For AS, it was quite a lot more, maybe 20? Real revision ramps up in study leave though where it should be 5-7+/day.
not enough :getmecoat:
Reply 5
2 hours a day on economics, 1 hour on G&P and about 1-2 hours on maths. So per week about 20, that's the least i usually do more
maximum 1 hour a week ik real bad
I'm doing AS, though I'll still contribute.

Not including class time, roughly 4 hours a day?

So about 25-30 hours a week.
2 hours a day.
4 on weekends.

How can people on here do so much, even doing 3 hours on a weekday leaves me no time to have a shower before bed.
Reply 9
Original post by whydoidothis?
2 hours a day.
4 on weekends.

How can people on here do so much, even doing 3 hours on a weekday leaves me no time to have a shower before bed.

Well, I got home by 3.30. Little/no homework so could spend most of my time on revision. Even assuming a conservative bed time of 10:00 leaves 6.5 hours. Subtract 1 for eating, showering, whatever. Not saying I did this, but it's easily possible in theory.
Original post by TVIO
Well, I got home by 3.30. Little/no homework so could spend most of my time on revision. Even assuming a conservative bed time of 10:00 leaves 6.5 hours. Subtract 1 for eating, showering, whatever. Not saying I did this, but it's easily possible in theory.

Yeah, theoretically it is but surely they have other commitments?
Reply 11
An hour a day maybe:tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by whydoidothis?
Yeah, theoretically it is but surely they have other commitments?

Maybe, maybe not. I was an introverted, lazy guy throughout school (nothing's changed actually...) so I had basically 0 commitments.
How do people have time to do 4 hours on school days? Do you not have anything outside of school?

I do 2 hours on school days, 4 hours on weekends and that's more than enough.
Original post by richpanda
How do people have time to do 4 hours on school days? Do you not have anything outside of school?

I do 2 hours on school days, 4 hours on weekends and that's more than enough.

I stay up till like 5 AM.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I stay up till like 5 AM.

How do you function with so little sleep? If I go to bed like an hour later than I normally do I feel dead the next day
18 ish hours a week
I do 3 hrs on a weekday, 5-6 on the weekend. Before the beginning of February I did around 2 hrs on a weekday and 4 on a weekend :h: I really don't have a clue if this is enough/how much I should do though :frown: (I'm doing AS)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by popcornjpg
How do you function with so little sleep? If I go to bed like an hour later than I normally do I feel dead the next day

I always feel dead. :tongue:
Original post by Christie_xx
I do 3 hrs on a weekday, 5-6 on the weekend. Before the beginning of February I did around 2 hrs on a weekday and 4 on a weekend :h: I really don't have a clue if this is enough/how much I should do though :frown: (I'm doing AS)

If you're meeting your target grade, or if you are over it, then you're doing enough and you should continue as you are. If not, you aren't, and its time to do some more.

I'd say it's that simple.

Quick Reply

Latest