The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Keynes flats or turing college?

I am applying for kent accommodation and was wondering which is better, keynes or turing? I want a sociable flat but not too social aha

Thanks
Reply 1
I personally have applied for Keynes Flats this year, purely because they were about £150 cheaper than the Turing ones. £6,167 as opposed to £6,300.
But if money isn't an issue for you, i would definitely go with Turing, as the Kitchens are beautiful, they are bigger than the ones at Keynes, (you can google them as they don't show pictures on the kent website). The rooms are very spacious and look a lot like a hotel. Other than the size of the room itself and the kitchen, there isn't that much difference between the two accommodations. I would just consider the fact that the max Maintenance loan we get is £8,200, so if you pick Turing, you're left with exactly £2000 left, which works out as about £51 a week, which isn't a lot, considering you still have to buy food, clothes, personal things, go out, entertainment etc.
Basically its all a matter of how much you're willing to spend. Unless you're really rich, you're gonna have to compromise on some things.
Hope this helped :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
[QUOTE=Ju1ie;63514231]I personally have applied for Keynes Flats this year, purely because they were about £150 cheaper than the Turing ones. £6,167 as opposed to £6,300.
But if money isn't an issue for you, i would definitely go with Turing, as the Kitchens are beautiful, they are bigger than the ones at Keynes, (you can google them as they don't show pictures on the kent website). The rooms are very spacious and look a lot like a hotel. Other than the size of the room itself and the kitchen, there isn't that much difference between the two accommodations. I would just consider the fact that the max Maintenance loan we get is £8,200, so if you pick Turing, you're left with exactly £2000 left, which works out as about £51 a week, which isn't a lot, considering you still have to buy food, clothes, personal things, go out, entertainment etc.
Basically its all a matter of how much you're willing to spend. Unless you're really rich, you're gonna have to compromise on some things.
Hope this helped :smile:

Thanks for replying! Yeah I see what you mean, I picked Turing as my first choice than Keynes as my second. I didn't pick Keynes because there bathroom was so small and there was no proper shower and the rooms were smaller. Yeah £51 isn't a lot but I am working in the summer and will get a part time job there so hopefully I will have more aha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending