The Student Room Group

Software Engineering at either Brunel or Bournemouth, any opinions?

I have applied for computer science and software engineering at various universities (Surrey, Brunel, Bournemouth, Queen Marys, Nottingham) and had offers from all the universities. I have decided that Software engineering would suit me best which leaves me with Brunel or Bournemouth, any opinions on which is best?
Original post by sonniehiles
I have applied for computer science and software engineering at various universities (Surrey, Brunel, Bournemouth, Queen Marys, Nottingham) and had offers from all the universities. I have decided that Software engineering would suit me best which leaves me with Brunel or Bournemouth, any opinions on which is best?

I'm going to Brunel so I would be biased but surrey and Nottingham would be your best choices.You should look at the course modules rather than the degree name

Posted from TSR Mobile
A degree from Nottingham will be worth more going into the job market than either of those two, I'm not being snobby just realistic. If you pick the right modules you can study a substantial amount of Software Engineering on a CompSci degree anyway.

I'm 99% sure on going to Leicester whose Bsc is termed Computer Science but is highly Software Engineering focused.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest