Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Postgraduate applicants Newcastle university - 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jessw5377
yeah I'm the same really, don't know the city well enough to say too much! yeah I've had a look at some private housing where the rents between £60-£80 a week and to be honest I'd rather that than pay £120+ for halls as we've only got the £10,000 loan, even though I'm sure halls would be much nicer and I miss having the en suite from my first year undergrad! ahh nice is that for a year? I'm doing an MRes in Immunobiology :biggrin:

I'd have to stay in one of the accommodations with shared bathrooms, but I'm not settled on either a house or accommodation yet. My only worry is if I decide I want to stay in accommodation, I'll not get the one i want f I don't apply soon. and yeah mines a year, yours?
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by tb23
I'd have to stay in one of the accommodations with shared bathrooms, but I'm not settled on either a house or accommodation yet. My only worry is if I decide I want to stay in accommodation, I'll not get the one i want f I don't apply soon. and yeah mines a year, yours?

Yeah thats the problem, I think I'll email some private companies to see if they put postgrad people together cause theres not that many people on the facebook groups who are postgrad! yeah mines a year as well:smile:
Hello! I've received an offer for the Neuroscience Masters - but I did my undergrad in Dundee so I don't know anything about Newcastle! Does anyone know what sort of area I want to look at so I can be close to where I need to be for my degree? Ideally I'd like to be close to the right area at campus even if it's a bit more expensive :smile:
Accepted onto MA Local and Regional Development Studies, trying to decide between halls/studio flat/shared accommodation, but know literally no one so not sure!
Original post by rubygloommel
Hello! I've received an offer for the Neuroscience Masters - but I did my undergrad in Dundee so I don't know anything about Newcastle! Does anyone know what sort of area I want to look at so I can be close to where I need to be for my degree? Ideally I'd like to be close to the right area at campus even if it's a bit more expensive :smile:

Would you want to live right in the city centre, or would you be fine with public transport? :smile:
Anyone applied to the forensic psychology msc accredited course and got their/done their interview entry test and presentation yet? Had mine the other day and now just a waiting game!!
Also, for people talking about accommodation, I've lived here for three years now doing my undergraduate and the cheapest way to do it without being too far from town is to get a few of you together to share a house. Try looking around jesmond area or fenham, its not too far a walk and theres metros everywhere right to the centre accross the road from main campus, but i also recommend trying to find private landlords or renting a room on your own in a house share to avoid all the agency fees (seriously they're ridiculous!)
I have an offer for MSc Engineering Geology but I don't know whether to accept or not. I want to make a decision soon because some of the university halls (studios only) are quiet nice and I don't want to miss out on the allocation. I have already accepted an offer at Portsmouth, declined a place at Birmingham and only received this offer from Newcastle today. Going to Newcastle on Wednesday to check it out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just accepted my place on Msc Town Planning - cant wait to get stuck in September
Hi Guys,

I lived and studied in Newcastle Uni (MRes stem cell & regenerative medicine) you can ask if you want to know anything generally about the city or university, will be glad to help.
Just accepted MSc Engineering Geology :biggrin:

I'm looking at St James' Point and St James' House for accommodation. The societies and sports available at Newcastle look brilliant.
Original post by scottc2113
Hey, fellow soon-to-be Newcastle students :smile:

What are you guys thinking of doing for accommodation? I'm not sure about postgrad halls...

I'm booking at either St James' Point or St James' House. I want a studio in managed accommodation; I've lived in four houses and two countries over the past three years and want someone else to deal with all the details for a year haha.
Reply 32
Just accepted my offer on MSc Cloud Computing! Any opinions on:

Albion House - NUstudenthomes

Barker House - NUstudenthomes

Reply 33
Original post by lina718
I'll be doing MSc industrial and commercial biotechnology. So excited :h:

Hey me too :smile:
Received and accepted my offer for Low Intensity Psychological Therapies PGCert! Anyone else on this course? I know it's only a little one but would love to find a buddy :smile:

To add to accommodation discussion I'm just living at home to save money :P
I have accepted an offer for MSc Marine Engineering in Newcastle University but I don't know anyone there...Anyone on the same boat as me?? :P
Hi all, and huge congrats on getting in to study in Newcastle :smile:

For those of you considering private accommodation, i just wanted to let you know about 3 awesome properties, new for this September.

Melbourne Apartments and Jesmond Apartments are both fantastic properties, offering all inclusive rates and studio rooms. They are proving to be really popular with MSc students.

We also have Plummer House, which is an exceptional new accommodation, again offering all inclusive rates and studios, but also 3,4 and 2 bed apartments.

If you have any questions, just shout. Melbourne and Jesmond and finished and you are very welcome to come and take a look around. Plummer has a show flat, again, if you want to come and have a look, you are very welcome to!

Hope to see you in September.

Laura
I'll be coming up to do an MSc in Ecological Consultancy, so excited! 😬
Original post by Rising_Sun
Hi Guys,

I lived and studied in Newcastle Uni (MRes stem cell & regenerative medicine) you can ask if you want to know anything generally about the city or university, will be glad to help.

Hi!
I'm starting an MRes in September for Immunobiology, but I was thinking about taking the regenerative medicine module! I was just wondering how you found the course in general, as in was it very hard and how many lectures/practical hours you had a week. I've not studied in Newcastle before and wondered if the classes are big so you can meet a lot of new people?
Thank you!
Hi all! I just got my offer for MSc in Clinical and Health Psychology. I have lived in the city all of my life so I am glad to be of any help I can be to those of you coming in from elsewhere who may have some questions about Newcastle.

I can't wait for September! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending