The Student Room Group

Applying for maintenance loan as migrant worker

HI, I'm living and working full-time in England for 8 months right now and I have few questions about applying as a migrant worker. Firstly, I'd like to know if it will be a problem that I work full-time before starting school as I probably will need to change my job before going to uni. Secondly, do I need to provide my parents income evidences from Italy and if I have to translate them. The last question is if I have to apply by PN1 to be considered a migrant worker or if there is another form.
Hi Sherin1992

If you are applying as a migrant worker you need to send proof that you are in employment when the course begins and throughout your studies.
You would apply on the PN1 application form.

Thanks
Reply 2
I am in uk since august 2014 and my wife since october 2014, we applied as migrant workers and we worked continously all the period since then. I started the course in february and i sent all the documents to migrant team, p60 for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 and the same did my wife who supported my application. As far as i know to be a migrant worker you have to be migrant and also worker. I am european union migrant for uk and resident from birth in romania and i worked at least 3 months prior the course starting as i have documemts from 2014 until now. The problem is that i recieved a letter who asks me to ask my wife to provide documents from romania with her earnings in 2014 otherwise my maintenance loan will be non means assessed. How and why is this possible? All my colegues just sent the last 3 payslips when applied and were approved the maximum loan, other colegues from other years the same, why should i provide this information as we showed clearly that we are migrants here and also that we are working and will continue to work.

On the other hand many migrant workers with full maintenance loan don.t have at least one year in uk and still they were assesed and accepted full loan...
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Nashu77, apologies for the delay in replying but this is an old thread.

A sponsor to a student must supply their income details for the 14/15 tax year, this is the same for all students to be income assessed.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending