The Student Room Group

Boyfriend calls himself "the boss", "the leader". Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chief Wiggum
Lol should you not just tell him how weird it sounds? :p:

I have but he doesn't care. It seems the more I tell him the more he still doesn't care.
Cringe. :redface:

Does he also by any chance say 'who's your daddy' during sex. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
21 :tongue:

:lol:

I think he's just a tad bit insecure
Original post by stefano865
Cringe. :redface:

Does he also by any chance say 'who's your daddy' during sex. :tongue:

:biggrin: we're not having sex but are both waiting. But I bet if we did maybe looool
Does bossman work at a chicken and chip shop?
:biggrin: we're not having sex but are both waiting. But I bet if we did maybe looool

Well if he makes you happy.

Perhaps you are as weird as he is. :tongue:

Perfect match. :wink:
Why do you tolerate a relationship in which your partner regards you as lesser? He sounds like a complete moron. Aren't you embarrassed to be with him?
What a prat. You should have dumped him for the shh alone, but honestly he's not Bruce Springsteen. Respect has to be earned.
Lol. Not uncommon? Woah really?

Yeah man. You even see it all the time on here. Some guy going on desperately about how alpha he is, perhaps accompanied by a photo of a very strange bicep which looks like a boiled egg, and how many girls he's "smashed" etc. etc. - makes me laugh.
Original post by DonaldTrump 2016
Does bossman work at a chicken and chip shop?

Lol you can bet if he does, he's the "Team leader" or "Shift manager".
Send him to me for a day, he will return referring to himself as the wife and the cuck
Is he the CEO tho?
Original post by stefano865
Well if he makes you happy.

Perhaps you are as weird as he is. :tongue:

Perfect match. :wink:

Haha, you're funny.
I don't think I am though well I hope not. Why do you think so?:h:
I would call myself that...
Original post by DrSocSciences
Why do you tolerate a relationship in which your partner regards you as lesser? He sounds like a complete moron. Aren't you embarrassed to be with him?

He's actually a nice guy that's why.
He has this alpha male thing going on that his family most likely imposed on him being the oldest male figure in their home. Some cultures see the oldest male figure to be the leader of the house. His mother doesn't call him that but she does have similar expectations of him. He grew up without a dad so was the 'provider' of the family next to his mother. But whether or not he may regard me as lesser I'm not sure. Maybe in the past since he thought I always needed him protecting me however I've never called him boss or leader.
Original post by frankieboy
Yeah man. You even see it all the time on here. Some guy going on desperately about how alpha he is, perhaps accompanied by a photo of a very strange bicep which looks like a boiled egg, and how many girls he's "smashed" etc. etc. - makes me laugh.

That's the funniest thing I've read so far today haha thank you for that :biggrin:
I would think he was an egotistical ****, to be honest.

I also worry if he genuinely thinks he is better than everyone else, including you.

Can I ask, has he ever tried to make you feel inferior in anyway? e.g. by putting you down or one-upping you on things?
Original post by Sazzy890
I would think he was an egotistical ****, to be honest.

I also worry if he genuinely thinks he is better than everyone else, including you.

Can I ask, has he ever tried to make you feel inferior in anyway? e.g. by putting you down or one-upping you on things?

No he hasn't. Accept for the thing I was saying before. When I interrupt him sometimes by accident he says "shhh the boss is talking." Then he jokes that he will 'slap me'. It's a joke between him and his younger sister but he's started using that joke with me. I just reply and I will slap you harder with a laugh. Me personally I don't get the joke but whenever him and his sister joke around, I just see it as normal.
Then there was another time he demanded to see my phone. When I refused he squeezed my hand quite hard and playfully pinched me. I told him it hurt though. I don't know, now writing this and reflecting he does seem insecure.
From what you have written I am a little worried. You might see this as jokes but this is often how abuse starts. At the time you just shrug it off as a joke but then it just gets worse and worse.

Very extreme example, but on a BBC docudrama called Murdered by my boyfriend (not in anyway suggesting he might turn out to murder you LOL, but it was about an extreme case of domestic violence that started off as little "jokes", however the majority of abusive relationships do manifest this way). E.g. he would look at her phone and then go "who's Jack? :wink: I shouldn't be worried should I? :lol:" And then she'd say don't be daft and he'd laugh and wink or something and then a couple of minutes later "but seriously, who is he?". This then built up to her having to tell him her whereabouts, prove who she is with, justify what she is wearing etc. He begins to control every part of her life. And he genuinely thinks that he is superior to her and has a right to control her. This then escalated to a battering, which then escalated to seriously attacking her, and everytime he'd "be sorry" or say it was her fault for XYZ reason or he'd never do it again but obviously he always did.

I sincerely hope this is just a silly boy you're dating but what you have said is actually signally a few red flags to a potentially abusive relationship.
(edited 8 years ago)
one of those guys who is desperate to be a alpha male kind of funny if he does it in a jokey way but otherwise just a moron

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending