The Student Room Group

King's Or Warwick

Heyz, me again.Alright this time it's for a friend of mine,as I've already sent in mine, who is wrestling between her 3 choices,LSE,Warwick and King's..She also received Manchester and Sheffield but from what I've gathered they aren't as good as the first 3....And since it is commonly accepted that LSE is better than the other 2, it just leaves the question ,which is better....King's or Warwick

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Show him/her the other threads.

But to answer your question: kings definately.
Reply 2
I'd pick kings out of those two aswell, although that's mainly because I would hate to be in a campus uni
Reply 3
kings.
Reply 4
I have to say I was getting bored with this kind of thread, but the smiley face you have used in the thread title has caused my opinion to be completely changed. So, in true Womans' Weekly style, I have developed a cryptic quiz that will judge your friend's personality and make a recommendation:

1) Do you prefer the idea of going to uni in London to the idea of a campus uni?
A) Yes
B) No

Now check your answers:

Answered mostly As:
You are a city person. You aren't too sure about the idea of a campus and <insert very ambiguous statement about the type of friends you have>. KCL may be the better option for you.

Answered mostly Bs:
You are a person, probably with hair, who occasionally finds yourself disorganised. You walk mostly on paths and floors but sometimes on other surfaces. You are the type of person that tends to leave your home using the door rather than climbing through the window. I would suggest leaning towards Warwick.
Reply 5
Stick Man
I have to say I was getting bored with this kind of thread, but the smiley face you have used in the thread title has caused my opinion to be completely changed. So, in true Womans' Weekly style, I have developed a cryptic quiz that will judge your friend's personality and make a recommendation:

1) Do you prefer the idea of going to uni in London to the idea of a campus uni?
A) Yes
B) No

Now check your answers:

Answered mostly As:
You are a city person. You aren't too sure about the idea of a campus and <insert very ambiguous statement about the type of friends you have>. KCL may be the better option for you.

Answered mostly Bs:
You are a person, probably with hair, who occasionally finds yourself disorganised. You walk mostly on paths and floors but sometimes on other surfaces. You are the type of person that tends to leave your home using the door rather than climbing through the window. I would suggest leaning towards Warwick.

Genius.
Reply 6
I'd pick Kings over LSE too. But for your information (or friend), I wouldn't be so quick to put Kings below LSE.
Ha ha, LOVE it Stickman!!
Reply 8
Tory_boy
I'd pick Kings over LSE too. But for your information (or friend), I wouldn't be so quick to put Kings below LSE.
study at kings, do you?

i personally chose warwick over kings. i didnt really like the look of kings tbh, felt very boring despite being in london. warwick has a very live 'bubble'. thats my take on it. from what i gather they're equal in terms of rep so base it on other factors.
Reply 9
trxy
i didnt really like the look of kings tbh, felt very boring

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 10
Dreama
:eek: :eek: :eek:
study there? been inside the building? the atmosphere's very.....dull.
Reply 11
^ maybe you went on a day where they were mourning someone....

everyone i know at KCL loves it and says how much fun it is...even ppl at other UofL unis say how much fun king's students seem to have.

I and probz a lot more people find it hilarious that you think Warwick > KCL in terms of excitement...maybe Warwick are over compensating for the lack of fun there seems to be outside the university gates.
Reply 12
DaBand
^ maybe you went on a day where they were mourning someone....

everyone i know at KCL loves it and says how much fun it is...even ppl at other UofL unis say how much fun king's students seem to have.

I and probz a lot more people find it hilarious that you think Warwick > KCL in terms of excitement...maybe Warwick are over compensating for the lack of fun there seems to be outside the university gates.
so? besides i wasnt cussing the students. i just didnt like the atmosphere in the building, it felt too closed in and made me wanna run outside. UCL has a lot more appeal imo. have u been to warwick btw? they didnt seem to be lacking fun when i visited. :confused: or maybe ur just trying to strenghten ur opinion with your(lacking) humour? :smile:
Reply 13
I don't know what you read in my post that inferred that i thought you were cussing the students......but anyways obviously i've been to Warwick that's why i have an opinion on the place and again i don't know what you read that said Warwick was lacking fun, maybe you misinterpreted my joke about the state of coventry (not to allow for any more misinterprations i mean state in terms of condition not a geographical area).

I really don't know how you can tell a Uni is going to be fun by the feel of the buildings where you'll be studying law-a subject notorious for its fun factor but each to their own.
Reply 14
^ in terms of?
Reply 15
DaBand
^ in terms of?
dunno why ur so persistant tbh. going to kcl by any chance??? stop being so biased. im sure u wouldnt probe us if we thought kcl was better. which we dont. warwick > kings.
Reply 16
trxy
dunno why ur so persistant tbh. going to kcl by any chance??? stop being so biased. im sure u wouldnt probe us if we thought kcl was better. which we dont. warwick > kings.

It's, of course, fine that you think they are better but it is a minority opinion.
Reply 17
trxy

Have you failed to realise that every opinion in this post is atleast a bit biased? When i get the option of KCL v a "better" uni i.e. LSE, UCL, Oxbridge..then my bias will cease.
Reply 18
trxy

You will become used to the usual TSR love of Kings law department, despite the fact that 95% of the people endorsing it have neither visited nor studied there.

Go to whichever one you feel most happy at. To counter the argument that 'everyone I know at Kings has fun' (which is a ridiculous one), I know a few people at Kings (and other UofL unis) who hate being in London. Equally, I know a few people at Warwick who hate being at a campus uni.

I can strongly endorse the Warwick Law school and its course. I can't say anything as to the merit of the Kings course (as I have never studied there) but I hear it is of an extremely high calibre.

I urge you to take TSR views with an absolute pinch of salt. They are rarely informed opinions.
Reply 19
Ye I agree. I really don't understand the amount of love King's get on this forum! I think it is the high proportion of foreign students who've only heard of Oxbridge and London. But then this is purely me (and my school), where it was the least respected (by quite some margin) of the big 4 London colleges. It has never for me been in the same league as Durham/UCL/LSE/Bristol. Obviously all of my friends agree as well, but for all I know respect for King's around the country might be considerably higher.

But it is definitely considerably better than Queen Mary! I'd personally put them (King's and Warwick law) on similar levels, on the next rung down after the aforementioned group. Pretty similar in law to somewhere like Manchester. In which case, the decision should come down to where you would prefer to spend three years. Non academic/tangible factors are the things to consider here.

Overall I think Warwick is definitely a better university than King's.

Latest

Trending

Trending