The Student Room Group

Best Italian restaurant chain?

Poll

Best Italian restaurant chain?

In your opinion which Italian restaurant chain serves the best food? and what are your favourite dishes?

I recently tried the lasagne in Zizzi - sooo good!

Scroll to see replies

I remember trying Zizzi and Strada while staying inCheltneham and they're both really old :biggrin:, I think I prefer Strada though
My family gets 40% off Ask Italian, so they would probably get my vote even if I didn't think they had the best food too :ahee:
Reply 3
Ask is the only one I haven't visited yet. Is there anything in particular that you'd recommend. Also do they have good desserts?
Why is Bella Italia not on here?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Why is Bella Italia not on here?

This!!!!!!
Reply 6
gahhh they're all good, don't think I could vote :lol:

However, Strada's the only one for which you don't get money off with your NUS Extra card :wink:
I like ask (carbonara is so good) and zizzi (strezzopretti pollo rosso). I used to like prezzo because they did a really nice pasta dish called penne al pollo zaferanno but they stopped it along with their icecream and hazelnut bomb for pudding which they also stopped.

Not a huge fan of pizza express.
Original post by aarora
Ask is the only one I haven't visited yet. Is there anything in particular that you'd recommend. Also do they have good desserts?

The antipasti and butterfly king prawn starters are great- sometimes I'll have those two together instead of a main if I don't want anything too heavy. Other than that I usually go for the pizzas which are really good, normally either the salsiccia, stromboli or steak tagliata. The only dessert I've had (normally we'll only go when we want a quick and cheap meal, so we rarely go for multiple courses) is lovely, I'm pretty sure they call it a lava cake and it's a chocolate fondant with a ball of ice cream on top which is covered by a dome of milk chocolate, they then pour saluted caramel sauce on top and the dome melts away. It's a crowd pleaser and very tasty :smile:
Reply 9
I'm more of a dessert person and I'm loving your description of the cake, I think it's deffo worth a visit now. Thank you!!
Liked zizis because the piza tastes nice
Carluccio's definitely. :yep:

:excited:
Bella Italia is alright
Reply 14
You missed Bella Italia in your poll. I really enjoyed the Ripiena pizza during my last visit. :colondollar:
Original post by iEthan
This!!!!!!

Agreed! Where is Bella Italia? They even did (I don't know if they still do now) a 25% discount for anyone with a rail card. My parents used to love me for this as it was for the whole bill.
Original post by Sportycb
Agreed! Where is Bella Italia? They even did (I don't know if they still do now) a 25% discount for anyone with a rail card. My parents used to love me for this as it was for the whole bill.

I remember that!!! I believe you get a huge discount with them if you have an NUS card? :erm:
itaspiceymeatball
zizi is awful and also french for dick
Reply 19
I'm just glad Carluccio's isn't on there. I hate that place.

Quick Reply

Latest