The Student Room Group

When do you say 'I love you'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Binary Freak
Figures? Where you get them from.. I could do by embracing my inner-anime more!!

Porting is always pricey.. I used to get a few games from Japan.. Now I just buy digital versions.. I still get taxed on it though.. But not much!

nonono, once you've started collecting figures you can't stop xDDDD
(although some non-scale figures e.g. nendoroids are pretty cheap - £15-20) so perhaps they're not too bad :P
It's definitely a fun hobby, very satisfying when the figures are on display in cabinets at home!

I buy most things from amiami (usually they're the cheapest) but also use CD Japan and Hobbylink Japan.
The downside with amiami is that they always declare the value accurately so you end up paying VAT + a £13 Royal Mail handling fee on anything over about £30 :/
HLJ and CD Japan often don't declare the value of their shipments so sometimes you get no import charges ^^
Original post by Dancing Samurai
nonono, once you've started collecting figures you can't stop xDDDD
(although some non-scale figures e.g. nendoroids are pretty cheap - £15-20) so perhaps they're not too bad :P
It's definitely a fun hobby, very satisfying when the figures are on display in cabinets at home!

I buy most things from amiami (usually they're the cheapest) but also use CD Japan and Hobbylink Japan.
The downside with amiami is that they always declare the value accurately so you end up paying VAT + a £13 Royal Mail handling fee on anything over about £30 :/
HLJ and CD Japan often don't declare the value of their shipments so sometimes you get no import charges ^^

Should be fine when I graduate, doing it now would be too dangerous for me!

I'll give em a check.. I've always only ever know about the Lootcrate Anime they do. Wanted to try it.. But no idea how it works if it's all shipped for US/Japan!
Reply 22
When you're on a hilltop with them at sunset overlooking a 1970s built industrial area. :teehee:
Should be fine when I graduate, doing it now would be too dangerous for me!

I'll give em a check.. I've always only ever know about the Lootcrate Anime they do. Wanted to try it.. But no idea how it works if it's all shipped for US/Japan!

Ordering from the US/Japan is the same as ordering from companies in the UK. Make an online account etc. not complicated at all.
I've never had any problems with receiving shipments from Japan (i.e. never had anything go missing).
Usually I choose choose EMS which is the fastest delivery method (takes around 2 weeks to the UK).
TBH it's a shame that none of the figures are available to buy from UK retailers (or if they are they're 3-4 times as expensive as from Japan).
For me anime > drink/social life so I can happily budget a reasonable portion of my student loan towards the hobby xD
Have fun if you do decide to get some figures in the future!
Original post by Anonymous
When do you usually first say that you love someone? Vote!

When you love them.
Ordering from the US/Japan is the same as ordering from companies in the UK. Make an online account etc. not complicated at all.
I've never had any problems with receiving shipments from Japan (i.e. never had anything go missing).
Usually I choose choose EMS which is the fastest delivery method (takes around 2 weeks to the UK).
TBH it's a shame that none of the figures are available to buy from UK retailers (or if they are they're 3-4 times as expensive as from Japan).
For me anime > drink/social life so I can happily budget a reasonable portion of my student loan towards the hobby xD
Have fun if you do decide to get some figures in the future!

Ahh right! I've always been curious about shiz going missing tbh! I guess anime isn't popular in the UK like it is in Japan/US. I know there's been a few games initially released down here but sequels usually go to pot due to no sales!

That's same with my life.. Though I have the added benefit of commuting.. Considerable amount still goes towards travel costs and contributing towards the rent.. All in all I'd say I'd probably save around £500 more than someone living in the halls.. Not to mention no need worrying about having microwave dinners!
When I feel like I love the person, it's been going on for long enough that I know it's not a fleeting thing or a surge of hormones, and it's not going to ruin the relationship on the spot.
Is it overly cringe and perhaps manipulative to say it after cumming bareback in a no-longer-virgin pussy?

I suppose I can just say. "I love your body" instead?
Ahh right! I've always been curious about shiz going missing tbh! I guess anime isn't popular in the UK like it is in Japan/US. I know there's been a few games initially released down here but sequels usually go to pot due to no sales!

That's same with my life.. Though I have the added benefit of commuting.. Considerable amount still goes towards travel costs and contributing towards the rent.. All in all I'd say I'd probably save around £500 more than someone living in the halls.. Not to mention no need worrying about having microwave dinners!

I wouldn't particularly have minded about the microwaveable dinners... if my flatmates had let me actually put food in the fridge without helping themselves to it :/
For me Uni was far more enjoyable after first year once I'd moved out of halls!
I wouldn't particularly have minded about the microwaveable dinners... if my flatmates had let me actually put food in the fridge without helping themselves to it :/
For me Uni was far more enjoyable after first year once I'd moved out of halls!

Yeah that's the problem with it! You stuck food in the fridge, wake up next morning and it's gone!

Don't like halls whatsoever from when I've visited friends! Not sure about the flats though :curious:
Yeah that's the problem with it! You stuck food in the fridge, wake up next morning and it's gone!

Don't like halls whatsoever from when I've visited friends! Not sure about the flats though :curious:

Exactly!
In my second (and third) years I have rented private/non-Uni accommodation. I'm sharing a house with 2 foreign exchange students, who have a far better work ethic than the Brits I was with in halls xD
I've heard it takes 2-3 months to fall in love with someone you've been in a relationship with.

I tend to wait till the girl says it because it takes away the pressure of having to say it first. I know that's a bit selfish, but that's how I roll.
all these people saying that there has to be a certain time until you fall in love is wrong
you obvs need to spend some time with the person but there is no set timee!!
Reply 33
Exactly!
In my second (and third) years I have rented private/non-Uni accommodation. I'm sharing a house with 2 foreign exchange students, who have a far better work ethic than the Brits I was with in halls xD

Glad to read you aren't tarring all Brits with that same brush. :yes:
Reply 34
Original post by TorpidPhil
Is it overly cringe and perhaps manipulative to say it after cumming bareback in a no-longer-virgin pussy?

I suppose I can just say. "I love your body" instead?

Wtf it's way too late for this kind of imagery

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending