The Student Room Group

Is my Student Finance sorted?

Hi,

Does the below screenshot mean that SFE have assessed my parents income and qualified me for my loan:

I just haven't received any letters yet. What would the letters say? I'm guessing my final step is just to confirm my attendance at Uni in September.

How would I open a Student Bank Account. What letter do you get from UCAS/Uni that would be eligible for proof, do you get a seperate unconditional letter once you get the grades in August, any way I can get it earlier (for the overdraft to pay accomodation)?
Original post by TrojanH
Hi,

Does the below screenshot mean that SFE have assessed my parents income and qualified me for my loan:

I just haven't received any letters yet. What would the letters say? I'm guessing my final step is just to confirm my attendance at Uni in September.

How would I open a Student Bank Account. What letter do you get from UCAS/Uni that would be eligible for proof, do you get a seperate unconditional letter once you get the grades in August, any way I can get it earlier (for the overdraft to pay accomodation)?

Check the correnspondence section on your account the letter might be there.
Yes you get a UCAS letter saying your place has been confirmed but you won't get it before results day so unless your bank is willing to give you an account prior to your place being confirmed then getting a student overdraft could prove difficult.
When complete and fully accessed, you will receive an on-line Notification of Entitlement letter (by post - estimate 7-10working days :biggrin:) Also, do ensure that you return your on-line deceleration (signature form - must be returned by post), as until that is received, no payments will be made to you!
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Check the correnspondence section on your account the letter might be there.
Yes you get a UCAS letter saying your place has been confirmed but you won't get it before results day so unless your bank is willing to give you an account prior to your place being confirmed then getting a student overdraft could prove difficult.

Never saw the correspondance section. Seems like they posted it on the 3rd. Been a while now and it's still not arrived (Swansea to North of England would be a fair travel I imagine), should I ask them to resend it?
Original post by TrojanH
Never saw the correspondance section. Seems like they posted it on the 3rd. Been a while now and it's still not arrived (Swansea to North of England would be a fair travel I imagine), should I ask them to resend it?

Sounds like it got lost in the post.
You don't often need a postal copy, and when you call - they will say the same, you can view a more detailed breakdown of your funding than the letter using the entitlement summary. However, If you do require a copy, they can post it to you very easily.

Quick Reply

Latest