The Student Room Group

People that have been cheated on, how did you find out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alice__90
Twitter. :angry:

elaborate?
Found out from friends who worked at the club she was caught out in, that was after the relationship ended though.
Dad cheated on Mum
He told me, and I told her
Straight up asked, and he sent me the laughing crying emoji face. Lol.
Original post by silverbolt
of my four adult relationships two have cheated on me, the first i walked in on them at it on the couch.

The second one, my gut was screaming at me that this was happening. One night i went on her laptop as my computer was busy doing an update and she had left her emails open. Right there in front of me i saw she had been forwarding emails from this other guy to her work email address and it erm told me exactly what her and this other guy had been doing. Id been with her eight years and this happened a week before xmas, five months after my father had lost his battle with cancer. It had been going on for a couple of months and It was the worst time for it to happen.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn now that is just something

Original post by Alice__90
Twitter. :angry:

LOL twitter how?
Original post by Anonymous

lol wait wot, you shoulda said 'did i just crack a joke that you're laughing, dumb ****":colone:
bc that reaction is not even funny
Reply 26

That's so brutal I laughed.
Dad cheated on Mum
He told me, and I told her

Snitches get stitches
The other woman told me. The other woman of two other women.
Original post by whorace
That's so brutal I laughed.

It's funny in retrospect hah. At the time I was like cya

I wold have interpreted that as him saying "lol ow could you suggest something so ridiculuous" or smth along those lines?

Did he then fess up after that?
Original post by Death Grips
I wold have interpreted that as him saying "lol ow could you suggest something so ridiculuous" or smth along those lines?

Did he then fess up after that?

Yeah he did.
Original post by Rock Fan
I found out through a friend that one of my ex's was cheating on me.

You work for TSR, surely you weren't surprised right?
He kept phoning her in front of me and the they talked to each other was rather suspicious. He tried to convince me that she was in fact his ex. He doesn't know (and never will do) that I'd worked this out and it's partly why I broke it off with him.

A friend of ours comfirmed my suspicion a few months later.

Weirdly enough (or not) after breaking it off with him, they were supposedly back together. Coincidence? I think not.
elaborate?

She'd sent him some tweets that looked a bit dodgy to me. Something along the lines of "my favourite person on whatsapp" so I had a bit of a look on her profile. She'd posted some whatsapp conversations, the name was blocked out but I could tell from the messages that it was him talking. I messaged her and she had no idea I even existed. She'd met up with him once. When I told him I knew he tried to make out it was just "banter" lol.
Original post by Tiger Rag
He kept phoning her in front of me and the they talked to each other was rather suspicious. He tried to convince me that she was in fact his ex. He doesn't know (and never will do) that I'd worked this out and it's partly why I broke it off with him.

A friend of ours comfirmed my suspicion a few months later.

Weirdly enough (or not) after breaking it off with him, they were supposedly back together. Coincidence? I think not.

Wow, guy sounds like a total dbag - I mean that's just a total lack of respect.

And how much of a dick do you have to be to think its ok to be frequently calling your "ex" in front of your bf/gf.
Original post by whorace
What if the friend lies? How do you strike the balance of trust?

There is that but when I questioned my ex she admitted it was true.

How did your friend find out?

She caught them kissing in town.
Yeah he did.

Daaaamn that's just cold.
Okay, well!! I actually found out online - more specifically(and pathetically) via tumblr :lol:

I always knew that my ex had an "eccentric" fetish(I am not entirely sure if fetish is the right label, however I don't quite know how else to describe it) and we had been broken up for just under a month-so naturally, I was moving on, however a friend and I had been discussing said fetish/kink and I decided to take to tumblr to see if I could try to understand/find out more things regarding the kink itself. So, I searched for it in the search tab on tumblr and out of pure coincidence, a picture of my ex was on the first page as she must have written a post recently. The curious and weird side of me decided to click her profile(I know, I know! wrong, yikes) and she had been writing a lot of posts talking about how in love she is with this guy she works with and how she cannot wait to see him & most of all, how happy he makes her-- which would have been fine, I guess..had the posts not been dated back to when we were together :lol:

15 months of dating down the drain, but no hard feelings. She came back into my life after she had been cheated on. Karma, eh?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending