The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

What's it like studying and living in Hertfordshire?

I've been offered unconditional from all my universities and I'm now struggling between Hertfordshire and York St John.

I attended an open day there yesterday and to me it seemed very quiet and the surrounding places seemed equally as quiet. Don't get me wrong, the university and accommodation was gorgeous but i'm still unsure about Hatfield itself. What's the night life like here? Is there a lot to do throughout the day and during weekends? What's Hatfield like? Is it as quiet and desolate as people say?
It doesn't have the nightlife like a city university would, but its actually alright. The student union club is pretty decent, and batchwoods in st albans and oceana in watford run bus services for UH students on some nights. There are also coach trips to various london clubs that go on, and london is accessible on your own if you wanted.

Hatfield itself is quiet. But you do have all the basics: cinema, shops, restaurants, takeaways, gyms, and if you drive the surrounding areas have most of the stuff you'd be looking for.

What exactly are you after in terms of things to do?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by dean787
I've been offered unconditional from all my universities and I'm now struggling between Hertfordshire and York St John.

I attended an open day there yesterday and to me it seemed very quiet and the surrounding places seemed equally as quiet. Don't get me wrong, the university and accommodation was gorgeous but i'm still unsure about Hatfield itself. What's the night life like here? Is there a lot to do throughout the day and during weekends? What's Hatfield like? Is it as quiet and desolate as people say?

i have i friend in the area and i love visiting there as you have a lot of decent bars in st albans and there the galleria on the doorstep for entertainment and dining
hatfiels is a rih areajust got to the drivethrough on a weekend you'll see camaros and mustangs by the bucket load
pretty cool. Hertfordshire is the best county out...all of the great events in English history happened there.
Original post by dean787

I live in Hertfordshire and the uni is about 15 mins away from me. I dont go the university so I cant comment on what activities there are in the day but generally Hatfield doesn't really have that much going on to be honest.
There is a small shopping centre near the uni with an odeon and an ASDA nearby too. The town centre is pretty much desolate with nothing there.

If you want a proper night out I would suggest going to London which is only about 30 mins away by train.
Reply 5
I am a first year herts student, and personally I love it. It's nice and calm, in terms of night life, we do have cheeky wendsdays in forum hertfordshire. For weekends, London is the best to travel to though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
am assuming you take the pink uno buses no one else can take #perks
Original post by z33
am assuming you take the pink uno buses no one else can take #perks

They're for the general public too though...
Original post by liverpool786110

But they are so unreliable though
Reply 9
Original post by liverpool786110

oh is it?! :eek: how did i not know omg that wouldve saved me 2 buses in primary school T_T
but
the bus driver said they dont accept oyster :dontknow:
Original post by z33
oh is it?! :eek: how did i not know omg that wouldve saved me 2 buses in primary school T_T
but
the bus driver said they dont accept oyster :dontknow:

They won't accept oyster because it's out of the juristriction of tfl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending